Chapter 3: Explaining Part of Celebrity Life

CHARLEY'S POV
The lady walked up to my room with me and I started packing. It took less than a minute because I only have two shirts, one dress, and three pairs of shorts. I also have a picture of my mommy.
"Is that your mom?" Asks the lady.
I pretend not to hear her and quickly shove the picture into my Walmart bag.
We walk outside and I see a huge shiny black car.
I gape at it and the lady giggles.
"Impressive right? Oh, and please call me Demi. Miss Lovato is way too fancy."
I just look at the pretty car and swing my plastic bag back and forth. The wind is really bugging me because it keeps flipping my hair in weird places.
"Well, let's go now!" The really cheerful lady says and opens the door.
I sit down on the soft, smooth, but rough (Smuff?!) seats and instantly feel drowsiness overwhelm me.
"This is called a limousine. Only really famous people use them, or they can be used for special occasions."
She smiles at me and sighs.
"Let me warn you, my life is very different than a normal person's. I am a celebrity."
I make it look as if I'm ignoring her, maybe I can fool Daddy.
"A celebrity is a really popular person that a lot of people know. These people get to go to special events and are loved, and hated, by a lot of people."
I still gaze out the window and towards the pretty sky with fluffy clouds.
"This means that I have to talk to people, I have a lot of money, I have to have guards, and these rude people called the paparazzi, I call them the paps, run around and try to take pictures and ask me questions."
Now I'm scared. Are these 'paps' going to run up to me and stick camera lens in my face? What if they ask me about my daddy or my mommy? What if I cry in front of everyone and they laugh? What if there's more people like Ariel and Savvanah? What if.... What if..... I fall asleep.

Sorry, short chapter.
Share, Vote, Comment
😝