New comers

No one ever moves to my small town, especially in the middle of the semester. But more than a few U-HAUL trucks were passing my road and still coming. Finally, just when I was getting curious, the line ended with a dark blue Ford F-150 pulling a trailer. Even in the faint morning light, I could see horses in the trailer. The horse farm-just a couple blocks over from us- was for sale. It was a huge ranch with rolling hills perfect for grazing horses. The yellow ranch house was surrounded by woods, which most of the town was. The town, Sunset Valley, was set right in the middle of a huge patch of forest. Not a lot of people knew about this place, since the major highway that leads out was a dirt road. Only a few people lived here, but most worked in the next town over, or online. The closest civilization was a small city, Wal-Mart being the biggest market in it. What would it matter with one more family in town? Besides, I wasn't even sure if they had a kid our age. Might just be a couple with some money wanting to live in a small town.I rolled my eyes at myself as I slipped on my favorite pair of sweatpants. I wouldn't talk to any new kid anyways-

"Danny, get your ass down here and cook breakfast! We're starving just because you feel like sleeping in!" I flinched at my father's voice and squeaked audibly, although he couldn't hear it. I knew he didn't expect me to replying- since I never did.- but that meant I had at most thirty seconds, or less considering his mood, to get down there. So, I grabbed my shoes, and my bag filled with my school books and hurried down the stairs. When I stepped into the kitchen I was greeted with a hand to the cheek lightly, at least for my father. "you're late," he growled.

I closed my eyes tight and nodded, touching my hot cheek with my cool fingers in hope to cool it down. It didn't help at all. I threw my stuff out onto the chair into the living room and glanced at my beautiful sister sitting expectantly at the kitchen table, applying hordes of makeup. She hardly looked at me before answering my unasked question. "Eggs and yogurt. On the double, since you were late." She scowled quickly at me before going back to her makeup. I sighed lowly and nodded, getting out the skillet and placing it on the stove. I looked at her again as I got out the eggs.

She sighed irritably and rolled her eyes. "Sunny side up, like always." She blinked her big, mascara clouded brown eyes to herself in the tiny mirror she held in front of her. She ran her fingers through her long curly highlighted blond hair and fluffed it up. She had perfect body that teenage guys loved, and showed it off a little too much. But the guys didn't seem to mind.

I fixed it exactly like she liked it, placing a cup of yogurt in front of her, only 80 calories of  course, while I cooked the eggs. I made another for me, two for Father, and one for Mother; I could hear her in the shower. I put them all on a plate, getting the four pieces of toast and two glasses of orange juice for my parents. I took the plate for Father and gave it to him, who accepted it without an ounce of thanks in his dark blue eyes that swarmed with anger just like a tornado. I placed Mother's on the empty place at the table, along with their two glasses. I ate mine quickly, hardly chewing and went into the living room to put on my tennis shoes. I pushed my straight chocolate brown bangs behind my ear (although they didn't quite reach) and tied my shoes. I flicked my hair behind my back as I stood. My eyes almost the exact same color as my hair, the same big brown eyes my sister had. Although I didn't cover my lashes with mascara, only a little (something my mother made me do). I reached in my bag for my IPod, and, when I found it, plugged it in my ears. Putting the MP3 Player in my pocket, I slung my bag over my shoulder and rushed out the door. Walking to and from school was my favorite part of the day, since Destiney wouldn't bother giving me a ride. But I honestly didn't mind. It was only when the weather was bad that I would want a ride; although I knew she would never give me one. She didn't want anybody at school knowing she was related to me, even though half of the school knew already. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cool air nipping slightly at my skin, indicating the coming winter. The falling snow, the Christmas trees the cool weather...I loved it all.