Chapter 11

I was standing in the living room of his condo pacing in my little black cocktail dress. Joe was smiling at me as I moved back and forth in front of the couch as he sat relaxed.

“Joe, why aren’t you nervous?” I asked, smiling at him.

“Baby, I love you,” he said, “I don’t care what they think...” I sighed and climbed into his lap and he rubbed his hand up and down my left calf.

“I just wish they’d like me...” I whispered, leaning on his chest. He kissed the top of my head.

“It’s alright, baby, they will eventually,” he said. I smiled up at him and kissed his lips softly.

“I love you....” I whispered. He smiled and kissed my lips.

“I love you too.” he responded, and just before our lips connected again there was a knock on the door. I sighed and tried not to panic, but I slowly stood from Joe’s lap and he went to answer the door as I stayed on the couch. He came in with my uncle and his parents, and my nerves suddenly spiked.

“Mallory, your here?” his mother said in disgust.

“Of course she is,” Joe said, “Why wouldn’t she be here?” HIs mom smirked and laughed softly.

“I thought maybe she’d be out spending your money or riding on her broom stick,” she said. My mouth dropped and tears stung my eyes. I stood from the couch and exited out to the balcony.

“Mom!!!!” I heard Joe scold, “Ya know what, just forget it. Just leave... Everyone right now... Get out!!!!” He didn’t wait for them to answer, because soon enough he was right behind me, hugging me to his chest.

“Baby, ignore her,” he whispered. I shook my head and pulled away.

“I just... I hate this...” I said, “Your mother hates me, your fans hate me.. you’ll lose everything if we stay together.”

“I don’t care,” he said, “If I don’t have you, none of it matters anyways.” I shook my head adn smiled softly up at him, pressing my lips to his.

“I can’t ask you to give that up,” I said, “Joe... I love you.... but I refuse to be that girl that makes you give it all up..... That makes you lose everything.... I just... I need to step away... I need to let you go.” His eyes filled with tears and he gripped my forearms.

“No.... No.... I won’t let you walk away...” he growled firmly, “I refuse to let her chase you away.”

“Joe, please, your music, your family, mean everything to you, they always have....” I said, “And I can’t be the girl who sticks around and you lose it all.” I kissed his lips then kissed just below his ear, whispering, “Goodbye, love.... someday we can fix this.” He was just in shell shock, as his grip loosened on me. I walked away and he was just standing on his balcony staring at where I was before I walked out. It killed me to walk away from him, but him losing his family, his music, his fans, everything, was not gonna be on my shoulders. I almost reached the door, when I felt him grab ahold of me, and pin me against the wall.

“No... Fuck that... NO!” he growled, “Your not leaving me... I refuse to let you go.” I was face to face with his teary eyes and his hurt face, and I tried to fight against his grip.

“Joe... please, let me go,” I begged.

“NO!!!!!!!!!!” he shouted, crashing his lips to mine, and holding me tight to him, “You... YOU are all I want.” I looked at him and my heart burst. He was willing to give up everything for me... Me.....

“Joseph,” I breathed softly, “Please.......” He shook his head.

“No... I fucking love you... more than anything in the world....” he said, “How can I possibly prove that to you?!” I shook my head.

“Not by giving up everything you love.....” I said. His eyes searched mine for what seemed like a lifetime, till he pressed his lips to mine, his nose squishing against my face, his eyebrows furrowed and his hands holding my face.

“Marry me...” he breathed. My eyes shot open and I just stared at him. Was he insane?! 2 weeks together and he’s proposing. Maybe I heard him wrong, maybe I was hearing things period.

“What?” I questioned, softly.

“You heard me,” he said, “Marry me... be with me, forever....”

“Joe, I don’t need a proposal from you,” I said.

“I’m not asking you because you need it, I’m asking you because I love you, and I never wanna lose you...” he said. I shook my head.

“No....” I said. He looked at me confused.

“No?!” he asked, surprised.

“No...” I said, “I can’t.... It’s too fast, but baby, I love you.. so thank you.... I appreciate that you adore me so much you’d ask that, but Joe... be real... Thats a huge step you know damn well neither of us is ready for...” He sighed and kissed my lips.

“But it didn’t scare me,” he said, “Asking you... it wasn’t difficult....”

“But it killed me hearing you say it....” I said, “So I’m not ready... we have so much to learn about one another, so many obstacles to over come before we can even think about getting married or hell even engaged... Can we please... just focus on us being together...” His eyes lit up and kissed my lips.

“So your not leaving me?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Of course not, that was my stupid saying for the day...” I chuckled. He smiled and pressed his lips to mine. That night we transfered to my place, taking Winston with us, and I fell asleep in his arms. This was gonna be so difficult.