Chapter 8

Arriving home that day Joe was gone.. He was no longer propped up in front of my house, but his chair was, so I assumed he had a bathroom break that God blessed me with. After going in there was a knock on my door. I went over to the peep hole and seen his brother Nick standing on my door step. What the hell?!?! I opened my door and glared at him.

“Can I help you?” I asked, trying to pretend like I didn’t know he was there for Joe.

“Hey... wow.. Mallory.. Long time no see..” he said, looking me up and down.

“Nick... what the hell do you want?” I asked, angrily.

“Malls, look, Joe... he’s... he’s a mess...” he stated, nodding his head in the direction of Joe’s apartment. I just rolled my eyes.

“Yeah cheating will do that to you...” I snarled, crossing my arms over my chest.

“He didn’t... I’m telling ya.. I know Joe, and no matter what people say... He doesn’t cheat...” he insisted. I shook my head and laughed at him.

“Look, you can talk all you want, but I SEEN it with my own eyes!” I said, “I LOVE him! But I refuse to be made a fool and let someone take advantage of me. So you tell him to quit calling me, quit texting me, and stop sending his family over to try and tell me otherwise.” I slammed the door in his face and locked it. How dare he send Nick over here to try and tel me any different. My problem was slowly going away... as far as pushing him out of my life, but my biggest problem... the one still plaguing my heart... Was the fact I didn’t want to. My heart yearned for him.. Burned so badly I physically hurt. I felt like my heart was gonna explode. I had to push it away, even ignoring Ashley when she came to plead his case.

I went out for a run later that night, trying to clear my head.... Yes I loved him...... He was everything and anything my heart, my core, my soul, my BODY was craving, begging for. All I could do was think about moving.... moving far far away to avoid his eyes, that stupid smile, and his stupid laugh, and his stupid perfect perfectness. I hate him for making me love him. It pissed me off that no matter how fast I ran, no matter how hard I tried to push him out of my mind I was more confused by the time I reached my front door, especially with Joe’s brown eyes staring at me from my front step.

“Malls..... Please.. just talk to me..” he said. I rolled my eyes and made my first mistake... I let him into my apartment, pointing to the couch.

“So talk!” I growled. He reached for me, trying to pull me to him.

“Don’t touch me...” I said, stepping away from him. His eyes filled with tears almost immediately.

“Dammit, Mallory... I am sick of you trying to make something out of nothing!!!!” he said, standing from my couch. I glared at him, my fists tight to my side.

“So this is MY fault?!” I shouted at him, “Your EX girlfriend is in your house, while your in a towel and drying your hair, and this is MY fault?!” He just sighed, throwing his hands up.

“Dammit, shit.. FUCK!” he growled, “NO! Nothing is anyone’s fault, this is a HUGE mis understanding, Malls.... I swear to god. I am not with her, sleeping with her, even thinking about her. She came to get her shit, I told her to get the fuck out.... I heard the door shut and I assumed she left... So I got a shower, and when I got out I heard her talking to you.. I fucking chewed her ass out for not speaking or saying something to help me...”

With every sentence he was getting closer..... Before I had to open my front door to move farther away, but before I could walk out he had my back pressed against the door frame.... and his lips tight on mine. Oh god.... almost 5 days without them, four while I was still in Santa Monica, and today, the past 24 hours of avoiding him, and mmmm.. god I miss his lips....

“Wait! No!” I said, pushing him away. I was now not caring if the cameras were watching us, I was pissed, let them find out, let them know the true womanizer he was, “Do you have ANY idea how bad it hurts to go to MY boyfriend’s house, and find his ex answering the door, while your” I put up air quotes for this one, “Indisposed?” The cameras were going crazy, now realizing Joe and I’s real predicament.

“I do! It’s why I feel so horrible, why Im hurting so bad,” he said, pulling me back to him, my forearms tight in his hands, “But dammit... I love YOU! I don’t care about Ashley... she’s old news... no one has ever made me fall so hard, so fast, and most of all.. I’ve never felt this way about ANYONE. I always thought I knew what love was... but you... you make me feel like nothing else in the world matters.. my music, my family, all of it means nothing if your not next to me.....”

I just stared up at him, his eyes.... genuine... honest..... pleading.... He was everything I needed and in one fell swoop I captured his lips with mine. His arms flung around my torso, as mine flung around his neck. We went into my apartment and flung the door shut, as I pulled him to my bedroom. Yes.. by far.. make up sex is the best.... and this session had me screaming for him, no matter how perfect and gentle he was, my toes were curling repeatedly, over and over again, before we laid wrapped tight in one another’s arms.

“I guess everyone knows now......” he whispered into my ear, as we laid entangled in the sheets of my bed.

“My uncle will kill us both when he finds out..” I responded, tracing circles on his chest.

“He’s just gonna have to get used to the fact that I’m just in love with you....” he breathed, placing a soft kiss to my temple.

“I love you too... but do me a favor?” I said, softly.

“Anything...” he said, holding me tight to him.

“Don’t ever let that bitch in your house again,” I stated.

“Never..... Ever...” he said, kissing my forehead, “I love you..... so much... and I never wanna lose you....”