Chapter 34- Here's To The Seaside Café

Jace's Point of View

“If Michael comes home early, I swear to God, I’m blaming everything on you, Emma,” I inform my girlfriend as I lie parallel to her.

“Michael’s not coming home early; he said that he’s not coming back until tomorrow afternoon,” Emma giggles, rolling her eyes at me. “And even if he does, he’s not gonna care that you’re here, Jace, I promise,” She assures me with another small giggle.

“Yeah, well, he might not care that I’m here right now but I’m sure that he won’t be happy to know that I’ve spent the past two nights over here,” I mumble with a sigh.

Today’s Friday, meaning that I’ve been living with my mother for two weeks and it’s been two weeks since Emma and I reconciled and such. Believe it or not, I still don’t have everything unpacked at her house because I’m just so lazy and unpacking is really boring and time consuming. So I’m just putting it off a few weeks, you could say. Emma and I are at her house, up in her room in her bed, procrastinating getting ready for school. At least, that’s what I’m doing. I woke up about an hour and a half ago and Emma’s just now waking up, so I’ve just been lying here, thinking about how much I really don’t want to go to school today.

Michael is out of town with his work and has been since Wednesday. His wife, Caroline, and their kid, Carter, have also been out of the house these past couple of days. Emma told me that Caroline took Carter to her parents’ house to visit them and they’ve stayed there at her parent’s house ever since Wednesday. They live here in California, only a few miles away from Emma’s house, so I don’t know why they’re actually staying there, but I’m not complaining or anything, of course.

So, since Emma found out she’d have the house to herself for a few days, she invited me to stay over with her and that’s exactly what I’ve done. Emma claims that she wanted me to stay over with her because her house is big and she doesn’t like being alone in it, which is total crap, I think. I mean, the house is pretty big, but I’m pretty positive that she doesn’t get afraid or whatever when she’s here alone. Besides, she’s not even alone because her puppy is here too. Not that I care about her fabrication though because it’s pretty cool just being in this house with her with no one else here.

“Well, he doesn’t care that we’re…you know, doing it,” Emma chirps nonchalantly. “I mean, he cares but he never says anything about it and I’m pretty sure he wasn’t expecting that I was just gonna stay here in the house all by myself,” She reasons.

“Okay, well, I’m just saying, if he comes home early and kills me, it’s gonna be on your head,” I threaten, lazily throwing my arm around her shoulder and pulling her small body closer to mine underneath the covers that are spread across her King-sized bed.

“I promise won’t let my brother kill you,” Emma swears with a laugh as she leans up and places her lips on mine for a small kiss. “Besides, what Michael doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

“Okay then, if you say so,” I appease her with a chuckle as I pull away from Emma a few minutes later, letting out a tired yawn. I’m pretty sleepy because for the past two days, I’ve been pretty sleep deprived. Whenever I’m with Emma, we hardly ever just like, go to sleep. Since Wednesday, basically what we’ve been doing is making-out (like, a lot), watching chick-flicks (Emma has like, a chick-flick fetish and always wants to watch them and I really can’t say no to her when she breaks out the puppy dog eyes), eating (neither of us can cook anything really aside from basic breakfast foods, so we’ve been living off of pizza and pop, really) and lastly, having sex, of course.