Chapter 10- So You Were Dreaming About Her?

Jace's Point of View

“I think that I’m dying,” Jonathon complains to me over the phone on Wednesday morning.

“Yeah, well, you shouldn’t have been so stupid,” I reply, only half awake.

“It’s not like it happened more than once,” He defends himself. “I literally think that this may be my last day on Earth, Jace.”

“Yeah, probably,” I agree, yawning loudly. “You cannot just sleep with a guy’s girlfriend and not expect any repercussions.”

“I don’t even know how he found out. I mean, I sure as hell didn’t tell him and Jennifer said that she wouldn’t.”

“Well, I guess that he knew something was off with his girlfriend- I really don’t know, Jonathon.”

“Yeah, well, I’m sure that he didn’t get out of it without a few bruises at least.”

“I don’t understand why you had to call me this early in the morning for this.” I complain, checking the time- 11:00 a.m.

“You know, normal people are awake at this hour,” He informs me.

“Well, I’m trying to rest. I have to work today,” I remind him.

“Is that the real reason you’re irritated? Or is because I interrupted your dream about little Emma Jacobs?”

“What?” I laugh and put my phone on speaker so that I don’t have to keep holding it.

“So, you were dreaming about her?”

“Why would I be dreaming about Emma?”

“I think that you like her,” He explains bluntly.

“Where on Earth did you get that from?”

“I don’t know- you two talk quite a bit now. And you took her to the nurse, didn’t you?”

“First, we don’t really talk that much and second, I took her because you punched her in the face.”

“Well, when you say it like that, you make it sound bad.”

“It is bad, Jonathon,” I chuckle. “You hit her, she knocked her head on a table and fell unconscious.”

“Well, she shouldn’t have tried to jump in between two guys.”

“I guess not. She doesn’t like confrontation or something, I guess.” I shrug.

“I don’t know. I do know that she’s hot though. You have to admit that.”

“Why are we even having this conversation?” I ask him with a sigh.

“Because you have the hots for little Emma Jacobs, and you won't admit it.”

“Will you quit calling her that? It’s weird. I don’t like her and even if I did, it wouldn’t really matter.”

“That’s disturbingly pessimistic, Jace,” He scowls.

“You are aware of the fact that she’s scared of me, right?”

“I’m aware,” Jonathon confirms. “But that doesn’t mean that you can’t like her. Plus, she looks like she’s good in--“

“Please don’t finish that sentence,” I say, cutting him off. “I’m hanging up now.”

“Alright man, I’ll talk to you later, you know, if I don’t die.” Jonathon laughs as I end the call.

I snap my eyes shut and pull the cover up over my head, hoping that I can get back to sleep before too long. That plan doesn’t go very well though, because seconds later, I hear my bedroom door open, followed by my dad’s gruff voice.