Chapter 13

Hey guys! I am backk! So it's been...well, I last updated 2015! Long time right?!

Just a recap, Mackenzie and Mark got married, and after a few perfect days/weeks together they got into a fight and Mackenzie left Mark, but when she got home Micheal (Mark's brother, Mackenzie's rapist) was there and he nearly raped her again but Mark showed up and saved her and beat him up. Micheal then called the police on him and they arrested him. Mackenzie had a panic attack and when she woke up Caro *gently* broke it to her that Mark had no evidence that Micheal was the wrong person and was thrown into jail for two years because of beating him up.

I'm sorry for not updating for so long! I probably won't be updating frequently because the finals are arriving. However after finals expect this story to be completed quickly!

Thanks guys for all the love, reads, comments, votes and even hate! It helped me to realize what I need to change, what I could have done and what happens. I'm coming up with a plot twist >:) a not so good one to keep the spice up in this story and to keep you coming back for more. *cue the evil laughter* anyway I should stop delaying any further.

Let's get on with the story! ❤️
******
POV. Mackenzie.

2 years.

He had been imprisoned for fucking two years.

They didn't believe him when he told them about Micheal.

"I need to go see him." I state firmly. I was currently propped up by pillows on my bed, Caroline sitting at my feet. I was holding Amelia, Caro's daughter.

"Mackenzie." She sighed. "You can't."

"Caro, he'll be so worried. I need to see him, I won't feel better unless I do!" I feel the hot tears brimming and rising up, threatening to spill.

"Look babe, I know you're worried about him and he about you but it's just really complicated."

"We need to at least try saving him!" I whisper yell. "He didn't do anything Caroline. He saved me. I'm going." I hand Amelia to her and throw the covers off.

I got off so abruptly that blood starts rushing to my head. "Oh shit.." I whisper, sitting back down. I tie my hair into a messy bun and rush the hallway.

Flats? On. Car keys? In my hand. Mobile phone? Shattered by Mark when he got pissed at me....ugh, if only I had TOLD him why I didn't want children yet. He wouldn't be where he was now.

I got in the car and rushed to the prison where they were keeping him.

I went inside only to be greeted by a burly officer. "Yes?" He asked politely.

"I'm here to see Mark Zaree Matt?"

"Oh yes, that one. Listen kiddo, you should run home because he's in prison now."

I felt my blood boiling underneath my skin. "No, now you listen here mister officer person. You are going to free my husband because he did not commit any crime. He was saving me from the rape his brother was about to commit."

"Aye." The police officer picked out a toothpick for himself and placed it in his mouth. "Fine, he saved you from rape. But do you have any proof? And what about the drugs, the cocaine found in his car?" I froze. "And what if he turns out like his brother?" The burly man flexed his arm and ran his had through his dark hair.