Chapter 3

~Mackenzie~

I try to sit up, but it fails and I fall back down again. "Omph!" I say, bumping my elbow into Marks' stomach. "YOW" He cries, and shoots up.

"Sorry!" I giggle "but you sounded like a...CAT" I laugh at his face. He looks at me, and rubs his belly. "Is that a good morning from your side? whatever, make me breakfast I'm so hungry" he whines, and I smack him.

I jump out, do my hygiene, and dress into a blue crop top, ripped ombré shorts, a denim jacket and heeled black studded ankle boots. After pulling my hair into a ponytail, I walk downstairs.

"Going somewhere, Kenna?" Asks a voice from behind me. "Yeah, to the kitchen" I say, and head there. But there, on the table, was a huge stack of pancakes. At once, Izzabell and Kevin came to my mind, and I whipped my tears away.

"'S okay, to miss them you know" Mark hugs me from behind. I peck him on the cheek and grab the maple syrup. "I was thinking to visit them today..." I start but get cut off. "No! It takes more than 4 and a half hours!! I have a surprise for you!" He says. "Ooooh!! What? How far?" I ask, digging into my pancakes. "4 hours drive." He grins lopsidedly.

"WHAT?!" I say. "I can't visit my temporary children, but we can drive for 4 hours to your surprise?" Mark looks hurt. "Fine. You can go. I don't care, it can wait anyway. Izzabell and Kevin are way more important anyway, forget family." He pushes his chair back and leaves.

I groan into my pancakes and mentally slap myself. WHY? Why was I so idiotic? I was pretty curious to see his surprise, though. "Mark! Mark wait" I go after him. Thank God we're alone. "Mark" I try to open our room door, but it's locked.

"Uhhh. Mark! Open up" I slam on the door. "Mark!!!!!" I kick at it to, ending up with just a few broken toes. "OWCH!" I whimper, and fall to the floor. Mark opens the door quickly. "You okay?" he asks me. i nod.

"C'mon Markie, let's go and see your surprise!!" I grin at him. He smiles back and kisses me. Then, he grabs my arm and drags me out the door.

3 hours later, I sigh and tell him I need to use the rest room. He looks at me and stops the car infront of a mangy looking, shattered in shreds bathroom. I hold my breath and rush in quickly.

After our ride has been nearly to 4 hours, Mark pulls over. "Blind fold your eyes." he tells me. I nod and do so. Okay.

Mark veers to the left and slides to the rigt roughly. He dodges this and that. I scream in fear. "Mark, careful!". "Sorry, it's hard to drive with a blind fold on. Can I take mine off?" He asks and I gasp. Then he laughs which tells me he's lying.

"Okay les do dis" he pulls me outta the car carefully. "Dun worry, darling, everything's gunna be fine".

I walk beside him. Wrong move. Face first, I slam into the pole and land on my butt. On the forky rake. I squealed in pain. "Yaarrrggghhhh!!!! Ouchie ouwchieeee!!!" I get up and hold my ass.

"Sorry" he says. "Like a piggy back there?" I squealed again, in pain and excitement. When I was small, piggy backs were something to die for.

Grabbing his shoulders was hard with blind folds on, but securing my legs....even harder. After ages, we finally set off.

"Okay, Kenna take off your blind fold." He whispers softly. I reach out and pull off my purple blind fold.

And I gasp in shock and surprise.