Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Cris

     I wobbled into the hospital with unshed tears in my eyes and feeling like a whale. I mean come on! I know werewolves mature really fast but I feel extremely fat right now! I kept thinking back to what Harry had said back in the parking lot. I never knew his love for me went that deep. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face even if I tried.

     We walked up to the front desk and was able to get into a room without the wait. A nurse let me sit in a wheelchair and Harry wheeled me to the ultra sound room and he helped me onto the bed. The nurse left saying the doctor would see us in a minute.

     I laid on the cold bed holding Harry's hand. His free hand was rubbing small circles on my stomach. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Then we felt something on my stomach. Harry and I both jumped a bit before grinning like fools.

     "Did you feel that?" I whispered. He only nodded staring at my tummy.

     "He just kicked, didn't he?" he asked.

     I nodded. "I think so." He smiled bigger and he leaned down to kiss my stomach.

     "Hey little guy." he spoke to our unborn pup. "It's your daddy here. I just want you to know that your mother and I love you so, so much. Your mother is the most beautiful woman I have ever met and she is also the kindest. You will have the best mommy in the world. Now me on the other hand, well, we'll just have to wait and see."

     He kissed my stomach until Doc showed up. "Alpha, Luna." he bowed his head in respect. "I just wanna say congratulations on you guys' first pup."

     "Thanks Doc." I said. Harry pressed a few more kisses to my stomach before straightening and standing up.

     "Now, why don't we find out the gender of your baby." Doc said. He went over to the machine that was next to the bed and turned it on. When he started lifting my shirt up, Harry let out a small warning growl. I only rolled my eyes. Doc chuckled and continued. He pulled my shirt over my stomach and grabbed a bottle with gel in it. "Now this might be a little cold."

     He put some on my tummy and darn right it was cold! Dang......

     After a few seconds he put the wand thingy on my tummy and started to move it around. He smiled. "Ah here we go. I found him."

     Harry and I looked at the screen and sure enough there was a small little thing in the middle of the screen. I smiled and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Do you know what it is?" Harry asked.

     "Well let's see." After a few more moments Doc smiled and looked back at us. "Congratulations. You're having a-"

     "Wait!" I cut him off. "I wanna be surprised."

     Doc nodded. "And you Alpha?"

     "Well I would like to know."

     "Alright. Come with me out into the hall and I can tell you." Harry nodded and they went outside the room. I didn't want to know the gender quite yet, so I didn't listen. I just sat there drumming my fingers on my large tummy.

     Harry came back in with the Doc close behind him.

Harry

     A baby girl. We're gonna have a baby girl. I could see her already.

     She would have her mother's hair and my eyes. She would probably take after Cris mostly, I just hope she has my eyes. If we decide to have a son I want him to have her eyes.