Chapter 27: Selfish

Chapter Twenty-Seven; Scandal

---

The whole car ride home, Justin was on his phone. My eyes were on the road the whole time, listening to his thumbs hit the phone, and the sound of him laughing every three minutes. Ariana, Livy, and Brian were devastated, that they couldn't come to camp. We all planned to go without Justin one day. His career an be a straight buzzkill!

We were now on the highway, about 15 minutes away from his house. Sadly, I have to drop him off, then he has to get prettied up, then to his concert. He didn't even invite me to the concert, so I guess I'm staying home tonight. Seeing Justin, in his natural habitat, changes everything.

When he's at home, his hair is tousled, he can walk around however he wants, and do what he pleases. When he's out in public, his hair has to be a perfect quiff or his hair flip. His clothes have to be perfect, and he has to act like someone he's not. Being with him all day, everyday, changed my perspective of him.

Sighing, I pulled up to Justin's house. He noticed we were here, got out, got his suitcase from the back, and lugged it up the stairs. No goodbye, no hug, not even eye contact. Now it really seems like he only did this to get revenge.

Putting the car in drive, I was about to pull off, when Justin came back out the door, calling me name. He ran to the drivers side, hugged me, and kissed my forehead. "I promise I'll go to camp with you another time when I'm not busy."

"Okay," I smiled. It was a fake smile, but I guess he didn't notice. He walked slowly up back to his door, turned around, waved, and went I . That was my signal to pull off, and once I did, I sighed.

I'm happy he said something to me, but the fact that he's going to a concert full of girls bothers me. He could meet a girl, get attracted to her quickly, and then he's done with me. He could've at least gave me concert tickets for Livy and I.

As I was arriving to my house, I noticed that my bedroom light was on. There's no one that has the key expect my mom. Livy gave the key back to me when we argued, and never took it back. I opened my door, and called out names.

My Mom came down the stairs, sighing in relief. "I thought you left forever. God, I thought you hated me!"

"You're my mom. If I said I hated you, I still love you." I hugged her tightly, and she nodded. We talked over everything, and I told her to get Mark back. Just don't get pregnant. We both went our separate ways, and I went up to my room. There was a pink dress sitting there, with white heels, and accessories next to it. And a note.

'Hey Bri! It's Ariana!

Since we didn't get to hang out as much, there's a celebrity party going on in New York. Most celebrities like One Direction or Usher, and Katy Perry are gonna be there! Tomorrow, I want you to put is on, put a black hoodie on with sunglasses, and come to the airport Justin brought you to. Come at exactly 9.

Paparazzi stay in that airport, so you need to hide your identity, until we get to NY. If you don't want to come, I understand. Just, consider going?'

Wow, that's so sweet. Justin was talking about it right in my face, and didn't invite me. Yeah, I'm not a celebrity, but I have talent. Not saying that I want any of the, to know, just I have talent. Justin's acting a little selfish now.

I'm trying so hard not to cuss him out, and yell at him, and scream in his face. It's so hard to not do that to him, but I can't disrespect him after all the things he's done for me. He's gotten Ariana Grande for me. Bought me clothes. Comforted me at my broken times. But he's changing in a matter of two days.

Texting Ariana a 'i'll be there' text, I shifted all the clothes to my closet, and load in bed. I couldn't sleep that night because I was thinking of the possibilities of Justin hurting me. Not physically, but verbally.

----

Sorry it's short. Tomorrow I have a presentation on 9/11 at school, and my moms birthday is on 9/11 and then my Dad's is on 9/12, and I have to do all this stuff! I'm so busy.