Chapter 20: Piano

Chapter Twenty; Scandal

---

"What's the deal with you and Justin? Did you guys really get together?"

"Are you guys seeing each other?"

"Why haven't you been out lately? Justin got paranoid from you not being around?"

"God, no. We decided to be friends. Just because his arm was around my shoulder doesn't mean we're dating. Damn, take a chill pill." I scoffed, continuing to walk down the street. They followed me, until I turned in to the alleyway behind Justin's house, and lost them. "Justin!"

I kept yelling his name, 'till he tiredly poked his head out his bedroom window. "It's seven in the morning! That's worst than nine!"

"Now you know how kids feel when they have to wake up for school." I smirked, thinking back to the high school days. Bet everyone that hated me, wants to be my best friend now. "Get your lazy ass up! Scooter wants us down at his house."

He started mumbling to himself, as he got dressed. I went to the front of his house, and when he came outside, he had his head hanging down. "Yep, I can officially say I hate Scooter now."

"Hates a strong word."

"Coming from you, it sounds unbelievable." He smirked at me. We both walked with our hoodies over our head, with glasses on. I had sunglasses, and he had regular glasses. I'm sure they weren't prescription. "Did you walk? Because I'm not walking."

"Yeah I walked. I soon figured out that wasn't such a great idea when paparazzi started bombarding me." I said, sitting into the passenger side of his Fisker. There was no sun outside, so the chrome color wasn't reflecting the sun. "What do you think Scooter wants us for?"

"I honestly really don't know, but I will love you forever if you drive." He smiled innocent and tiredly at me. I nodded, and he got out. I scooted over to the drivers side, and adjusted everything for me. Once he got in, I drove off completely sane about driving a car like this.

--

The car had gotten mobbed, and the windows were tinted so they couldn't see us. Well they knew Justin was in here, but they didn't see me. We were late to arrive at Scooter's but when we got in there, Selena was sitting on the stool.

Justin slumped behind me, because he had fell asleep in the car. "You're driving back, so you better wake up." I gave him his keys, and sat on a stool by the island. Selena's eyes widened.

"You let her drive your car, but I couldn't!?" She looked at Justin in disbelief. Justin didn't even answer, so I answered for him.

"Cut him some slack. He's half asleep, and it's eight in the morning." I gestured my hand toward Justin, and she rolled her eyes.

"You're taking his side now? Before you called him a womanizer!" She exclaimed.

"That was before we worked out our differences." Justin answered. Scooter sat there, listening to us, and after it got silent, he started talking. He started talking about how Justin and I can't hang out every day, how I have to delete that post off Twitter, and nothing about the scandal to be brought up.

"So the scandal was fake?" Selena gasped. Oh, and you just figure that out!?

"Duh, I've been trying to tell you, but you always want to yell at someone." Justin looked at Selena. Selena's whole body went from stiff, to jello in a matter of seconds. "Don't even think about it. I'm not taking you back."

Her body stiffened up again, and she walked out. Scooter ignored her loud exit, and continued speaking. "You, you have to stop crying and storming out of houses. You're going to make it seem like Justin is abusing you or something."