5•Prisoners

I love this picture so much!! It's adorable!! Anyway... the story continues!!! > > >

It had been about thirty minutes or so since I had woken up and I was beyond pissed right now. Luckily my wounds didn't hurt as much as before. I had gotten used to them and learnt how to bear the pain.

Evergreen and I had tried all possible ways but failed to get rid of the cuffs.

There were no guards in sight. In fact- the only prisoners here were the four of us- according to Evergreen, that is. I hoped Freed was alright.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine," I heard Evergreen say. I didn't realize I had spoken out loud, which caused a light blush to spread across my cheeks.

"Bickslow is fine too. But it seems like you forgot about him," she smirked, making my cheeks burn crimson. Ugh! Why am I even blushing?

"I didn't- I mean, I know he's alright," I said, flustered. "Sure you did." She giggled, having a good time teasing me. I smiled, happy to be the source of humor in a dirty, cold cell.

"So, how long do you think we'll be stuck in here?" I asked her, trying to start a conversation and having nothing else to change the topic.

"Pathetic try at changing the topic," She sighed, shaking her head. "But, my guess is they want you," she said in a much serious tone.

"Why would they want me?" I asked in surprise. She shook her head and shrugged. "I overheard them say your name," she said. That was something to think about. Why me? And who exactly were they? Such a powerful guild doesn't go unnoticed.

The sound of metal scraping stone brought me back from my little thought processing moment. Evergreen's eyes were wide behind her glasses as she stared at me as if asking, 'what was that?' I shrugged. The only thing we could do was wait. Everything outside was concealed by four walls of stone.

I could hear faint voices in the distance, as the sound of footsteps grew louder. Evergreen and I shared a look before the wall in front of us suddenly started moving upward. Two men came into sight - one big and beefy and the other one more stout. They wore black uniforms with a red emblem on their right sleeve.

"Time to talk," The stout one said, stepping forward and gripping my arm, pulling my helpless self towards him. I bit my lip to prevent a scream from coming out, as my feet hit the floor causing pain to shoot up my body.

Evergreen looked at me worriedly as the wall came down after us. The stout man removed the cuffs around my ankles so I could walk but I didn't bother struggling when he guided me out. In my condition, it would have been a futile attempt anyway.

I saw something shine, through my peripheral vision and turned to see the beefy guy hanging a key around a gold loop on his belt. They might be the keys to our cuffs!

The hallway was dark, lit up with lamps on the wall after every two cells. All of them were open, except for the two cells I saw- The one with Evergreen and me and the other one probably with Bickslow and Freed.

Why would they need so many cells? Why did they need us? And what in the world did they want to talk about now?

My questions were put to a hold when I heard a crash ahead of us. The loud sound echoed, and a bright ball of light stood in front of the hole in the wall. Was that...lightning? The brightness level was so high, I couldn't see a thing. I felt the man's grip on me loosen and soon felt him move away, making me stumble. Looking back, I saw him down on the ground, lying on his belly. The other guy had his guard up but failed to defend himself, sending him backward where his companion lay.