47•Demise

First of all.... Would you like at beautiful Freed in a low bun and Yukata ahhhhhh!!! I'm dead.

Sorry, on with the story now>>

​​​​​

"Fr-Free-" I gulped, my throat bobbing painfully. My eyes stung with salty tears that found their path down my crimson cheeks.

I could only hear a buzz all around- nearly deafening. I felt Kira's weak hand on my shoulder as she forced me up. I was sure that if it weren't for her I'd have already face planted the ground.

Laxus too was equally stunned. He was on his knees, trembling much like me. Everyone stood still, not a breath to be heard.

"No...no.." Evergreen muttered as tears trickled down her cheeks. Bickslow sat with wide eyes, his mouth forming shapes but his voice inaudible.

Erza was the only one brave enough to walk towards the fallen rune mage and place his sword on his chest after touching her forehead to it. She bit her lip, trying her best to be the strong one among all of our weak selves.

I saw blurry blobs of red appear in my peripheral vision and turned my head the slightest bit to see who it was. Naomi's eyes widened, her hand coming up to her mouth upon seeing the scene unfold before her. Neil who seemed calm and dull instantly stood astonished- stiff as a brick- as he spotted Kira behind me and Freed's body on the cold ground.

A sudden, loud sob broke the awful silence and I soon realized that it was me. I shrugged Kira's hand off of my shoulder and stumbled forward, falling roughly on my knees but the graze on my skin was trivial compared to the agonizing ache in my chest.

I pushed back the green bangs that covered his closed eyes. He looked so peaceful- like he'd been transported to a far better world- somewhere without...me. I wondered if it was selfish of me for wanting him back even though it meant taking away the newest bit of peace he'd just received. But I wasn't going to let go of him.

He would've hated it- despised it if he knew what I was thinking of. And for him I tried to stop blaming myself but I couldn't help it. Salty trails of tears ran along my cheeks and I sniffed , rubbing my face hastily as I tried to catch my breath. I pressed my hand against my mouth, attempting to keep in my sobs but it was futile.

I felt a shaky yet firm hand on my shoulder and looked up with a blurred vision. He didn't say anything as he pulled me to his chest, cradling me in his arms even though he'd faced a much bigger loss- the loss of a childhood friend- his best friend and brother.

"I-I want him back-" I cried childishly. "I'm- I- I'm so sorry, Laxus. It's all- mine...my fault."

He shushed me, running his hands through my knotty hair. I could feel him shaking with me. He was mourning too- he had tears streaming down his cheeks as well. And it was so awfully selfish of me to seek comfort from someone who needed it just as much as I did.

Bickslow placed a hand on each of our shoulders and shook his head. We'd easily understood what he'd said- and he was right. Freed would've hated seeing us like this.

"Y/n," A soft voice whispered like a cool spring breeze.

"Iva-nna...You," I cleared my throat, not bothering to wipe the fresh set of tears as I knew they'd keep coming. "You're free now. You can come back with us to th-the guild."

"I am truly grateful for all that you've done. You've given me the greatest gift of all- Freedom and I cannot thank you enough for that... Or at least... I thought I couldn't," she murmurs.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I blinked away the tears blurring my vision.

"I can help you..." She looked at Freed.