17•Foreign Feelings

I tossed my bag to the side and unbuttoned my shirt. The weather in Magnolia was getting worse. The sun was warmer than before and Gray and his new friend Juvia seemed to be getting a lot of job requests. Whereas Natsu sat grumpily with Happy by his side.

It was six in the evening and I was currently waiting in the training room for the 'punctual' rune mage who was 12 minutes late. My foot tapped the dusty ground and I grumbled under my breath.

Why was he late? It was hard to belive that the systematic greenie could be late. Even a second was a great deal for him.

Just as I was about to walk out and visit the bar, the door opened to reveal a rather happy looking Freed.

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as I wondered what could have gotten him all glee.

"Why are you smiling like that? It looks weird and ugly," I grunted, crossing my arms. Huge lie but I would never admit it. Not to myself or anyone else.

His smile dropped and his eyebrows drew in, the happiness vanishing immediately. "You just had to open your disgusting mouth and squeak out something, right?" He glared at me, crossing his arms and rolling his head instead of eyes- in exaggeration.

"You didn't answer my question," I said, ignoring his comment since I was the one who had started it and wasn't in the mood of another argument.

"I," he paused, the smile crawling back up, "Have a date," he concluded with a smug expression. I didn't know what I felt at that moment.

Annoyance, jealousy, unhappiness and other feelings I didn't bother identifying. I pretended not to be affected by all the emotions and chuckled.

"With who? Laxus?" I didn't say it to offend him but instead to make me feel better. I didn't even know why I was doing whatever I was doing anymore.

"How dare you speak like that!" He yelled, walking up to me with furious eyes. I knew talking about Laxus badly pissed him off. He thought of the lightning mage as a god. Looking at my slightly shocked face, he took a step back and breathed in and out, calming himself.

"No," he whispered, his closed eyes fluttering open, "I happen to have a date with a fine young lady," he smirked at me as if challenging me. I bit my lip and quickly hid my true emotions with a laugh.

"I hope you don't scare her away," I smiled, bending down to untie my laces (more like to hide my glum expression).

What the hell, Y/n? What's wrong with you? Don't let it get to you! I mean, it's not like you care anyway.

He's an annoying jerk who has a date. So what, I've had so many dates before. Guys are always asking me out!

My mind wandered away, arguing with itself and reasoning out. Why I was quarrelling with myself, I had no clue. But I did it anyway.

Freed looked at me oddly with an eyebrow raised but didn't question it. He undid his coat and cravat, slipping out of his boots and rubbing his palms together.

Instead of his usual white shirt he had a light grey tank top that hugged his body, showing off his defined abdominal muscles.

"So what should be start with?" He asked, tying his hair up in a high ponytail.

How about your date's head. Let's start with that, shall we?

I shook my head. What was I saying! What was I thinking!?

I just nodded his way and sighed. "Let's just start with whatever," I mumbled, wanting to get rid of those thoughts instantly.

He agreed and we soon engaged ourselves in a hand to hand battle with no use of weapons or magic at all.