20•Celebration

Voices echoed everywhere; laughter and discussions. The mayor, Mr.Takeshi was standing by his daughter's side as he wished everybody.

The sky had turned from a light pink and orange ombre to a dark cerulean, dotted with stars. The warm yellow lights hung loosely along the branches of the trees and danced around the trunks.

The once empty tables were now occupied by the townspeople, and waitors and waitresses roamed around with trays of delcious food and drinks.

I grabbed a glass of a sparkly gold drink and thanked the lady. I could see Naomi standing in her dark blue and gold gown with her husband, Jay by her side. There was another man beside them, who I guessed was her brother, Neil.

The wizard I had to speak to.

I didn't expect any answers. Because so far I hadn't succeeded in finding anything at all. It felt like a complete waste of time, but what else could I do?

If this was Igneel instead of Kira I was sure Natsu would never give up searching. Thinking of the determined pink haired dragon slayer, motivated me in continuing.

Naomi's amber eyes fell upon my awkward, silent self and she waved me over. I took another sip of my drink as I walked up to the newly wedded couple.

"Jay! This is Y/n!" Naomi grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me to her side. Jay gazed at his wife lovingly before greeting me. He was a nice guy. A little boring and too formal but nice. For Naomi at least.

"Oh and this is Neil," she pointed out to her brother and I nodded, lifting my drink up. He nodded back and smiled. Don't expect any answers, Y/n. I kept repeating in my mind.

"Why haven't I ever met you before?" He asked with a small smirk and I rolled my eyes. "Maybe cause you were never around," his sister replied for me.

He stuck his tongue out to her and she returned the gesture. Their father- the mayor gave them a stern look and the two immediately stopped.

"Nice dress by the way," she nudged me and I looked down to see what I was wearing. It was simple and elegant enough for the occasion. Not something I would wear willingly. At least it was comfortable. I shrugged and she shook her head.

It was a sea blue dress that grew darker as it went down to my ankles. Sprinkles of silver lined in the middle of the torso and the neckline didn't show much cleavage. I didn't know why I picked it. But a part of me knew it was the color. Although I didn't want to admit it.

The music was slower and couples turned to the dance floor. Jay asked Naomi to a dance and the two left, leaving me, the mayor and Neil alone.

Mr. Takeshi soon left us to go talk to a grouo of business men. Now is the time, Y/n. Ask him. But I couldn't. I tried to, but the words just wouldn't come out. I was afraid to hear the answer I was most likely to receive.

"Care to dance?" He asked, and I nodded, having nothing else to do. Maybe I can muster up the courage to ask him. It's just an answer. If he doesn't know anything, I could always continue searching. But that was easier said than done.

I wanted to find her as soon as I could.  "You alright?" Neil's voice brought me back to reality and I nodded.

"You- uh- you look good," he commented and I smiled. "You as well." It was quiet again and to say it was awkward would be an understatement.

Our dancing was fine but our minds weren't even present. The two of us had zoned out completely and we stepped onto each other's feet. I squeaked in surprise.

"I'm sorry!" We both apologized at the same time with wide eyes but then ended up chuckling like we were old friends and not formal dance partners.