26•Aerial Lacrima Gun

Not a good morning. I woke up to being stamped on my calf. With a groan, I faced upward to see Freed's wide sea blue eyes and messy green hair stubbornly falling out of his loose bun.

"What?" I asked with a raspy morning voice and my hand over my eyes as it was way too bright. The sunlight fell directly on me, through the window pane.

It was when I noticed Freed's feet beside my leg and the soft fluffy feeling under me that I realized I was down on the carpet.

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he bent slightly to raise me up. "Didn't see you down there. Thought you slept on the couch. And since I didn't see you there, I thought you left," he explained.

"Well, I didn't," I mumbled as I adjusted my shirt and tied my hair up.
"I'm sorry," he muttered again. I looked at him confused, not understanding the reason for his second apology.

"For picking you as.. the prize... yesterday. I know you don't want to-"

"Hey Freed, can we talk about this over breakfast?" I asked, squinting my eyes. He sighed and shook his head.

"You don't even let someone apologize properly," he muttered to himself. Too lazy and tired to reply, I simply nodded my head and followed him to the small dining table.

There was a teacup and saucer with chocolate chip cookies on another plate.

"Hope you like your breakfast. I didn't really know what to make for you... so I made a little extra of the same as what I had myself."

"Thank you," I smiled at him and took a seat. "Oh- err- about today's 'slave thing'... I really don't mind. Don't worry so much. I think it's gonna be something new I get to try," I said with a shrug as I nibbled on my cookie.

His sea blue orbs were large and staring at me as if I was ghost. "You're okay with it?" He asked in disbelief. I tossed the rest of the cookie into my mouth and nodded.

"These are amazing. Where did you get them from?" I asked him as I finished the delicious crunchy, chocolaty dough.

He scratched the nape of his neck with his index finger and wore a funny expression. His cheeks were light pink and he lowered his head, making his green fringe cover his eyes.

"I...eh..Ms. Loisie gave them," he said.

"Who's Ms. Loisie?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. His blush darkened as if he remembered something.

"Eh..the florist," he answered, still flustered.

My thoughts went back to yesterday when the florist- Ms.Loisie commented about us two. That was absurd. It would never happen. But it still managed to bring a blush to my face.

The two of us stood with flushed cheeks, different reasons being the cause of it, or so we thought. I sipped my warm tea and ate the last cookie.

"So what do I do for you?" I asked. "It's ironic. I'm supposed to be the slave but you made breakfast for me," I chuckled and he smiled.

"I didn't think you'd agree to it," he said honestly.

I shrugged. "It's not that big of a deal."

He thought about what he wanted me to do as his slave while I placed my palms on either side of my face and stared at the paintings hanging along the walls. He was so talented it made me envy him.

The paintings were magnificent. They'd probably sell for a million jewels or something. He was also an amazing cook. Last night's dinner was really good although I would never tell him that.