4•Dream

My body felt so light and it was like all my problems and worries were sucked out of me. I opened my eyes and found myself floating in the air. Everything was pure white.

It was blinding yet calming in a way. I hadn't felt like this in a long time. Being part of Fairy Tail really was a hustle. So many jobs and battles, adventures and celebrations. There wasn't a moment I didn't feel alive. But it still was tiring. 

Happy and sorrowful at times. Although sometimes mentally calming, never physically. But now I could feel my worries wash away. Like when in a hot shower. It had been a long time since I felt like this.

My mind was clear and body unharmed. There was no pain, only peace. Even my wounds had disappeared.

I was still in my ordinary clothes, torn and dirty black shirt with beige shorts covered with mud and blades of grass in some places. My hair floated around me like it would underwater. I felt my daggers strapped to my belt and my magic energy was back too. 

Everything that had happened was a vivid memory in my mind. It seemed like a dream, but I knew that was too good to be true. Fighting with Freed, seeing him fall and losing the game soon after. I hoped Evergreen and Bickslow were alright. 

I blinked as my vision turned blurry and soon found myself in a field. Green and gold surrounding me. In the distance, I could see a village. Small yet cozy looking houses with children running around the streets. A large tree stood in the middle of the fields and the village, a swing attached to one of its branches. 

"I miss this place," I heard her whisper from beside me. In shock, I turned to my side to see Kira standing there, sighing as she looked at the village with sad eyes. 

"Kira," I whispered, not believing my eyes. She turned to look at me and smiled with her warm brown eyes I had grown to love. Her long, jet black hair was up in a ponytail with her fringe swept to one side and her side bangs framing her kind face. 

"Don't be surprised," she flashed another smile and breathed out in relief. She looked the same as before. Same pale white skin like snow, hair as black as coal. Eyes still shining with kindness, the same warm look like hot chocolate on a winter day. Her clothes were the same as well. A set from her collection of tank tops and jackets with knee length jeans and sandals. She was just as I remembered her. 

I hugged her, letting out my tears. My arms wrapped around her waist as I pressed my face into the crook of her neck. She held me in her arms like she always did, with one hand stroking my hair. I felt her kiss my head as she whispered inaudible words. 

"This is a dream," I mumbled against the collar of her jacket. She shook her head and pulled away, placing her hands on my shoulders. 

"Come on, I'll show you a nice place, where we can talk," she smiled and guided me into the field. It was a never ending sea of crops. Finally she came to stop and lied down on the ground, grass enveloping her. She giggled like a little girl would and gestured for me to come lay beside her. 

Same old Kira. 

I shot her a smile before doing the same as her. Blades of grass- gold and green, tickled my neck and legs. Most of my shirt was covered in grass while my face was the only thing that wasn't blanketed. 

"It's nice, isn't it?" She murmured, with her eyes closed. I nodded and sighed as I stared at the clear blue sky.

"It's only a dream," I said, trying to avoid getting my hopes up. So many years of searching and here she was. Definitely a dream.

"More like a memory," she whispered and turned to look at me. 

"Your mother and I grew up in that village," she whispered. "Your father was her neighbor," I heard her chuckle lightly. It had been a long time since I had her laugh. It would always fill me with joy and then I would have this urge to keep making her laugh. Like it was my job to do so.