Chapter Eight

Hi everyone! Chapter is actually updated at a reasonable time! Please take the time to read the stuff below!

I'm really sorry but I will not be able to update for another two weeks from now at least. I will still be on my ask and twitter a bit but there won't be a new chapter until the end of the month. Sorry :(

BUT.................

Since there is going to be an inconvenience, I have come up with a COMPETITION for you lovelies! I was thinking of putting up a bonus chapter like I did in my last story but I want one of you amazing readers to write it!

So heres the details!- must feature (be about) Ruby and Luke

-doesn't have to fit into the current storyline

-must be at least one page long

-you must choose your characters and setting from the current ones in only Meant To Be?

-your chapter will be published as part of Meant To Be?

-you will of course be given full credit, your wattpad name, twitter etc.

I thought it would be a fun and short little comp! They can be like imagines or scenarios whatever you call them :)

-you have until the end of September to send me your entry

-you can send it over ask, inbox, link- whatever is easiest for you

I will read ALL of the entries and determine the winner on the first few days of October.

Have fun and good luck! Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

100 votes for Chapter 9 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

----------------------------------------------------------

2 MONTHS LATER

I tapped my desk with my pen. I was so so bored and assigned to doing paper work all day. I was literally miserable. I looked out the window into Melbourne city. It was beautidul but I just didn't see it in the same light as I used to.

"Ruby can I talk to you?" My boss Katrina said popping her head around the corner. I got up and walked switly into her office as curious eyes followed my every move.

"Take a seat please," she instructed as she sat in her office chair. I obeyed her and sat nervously. Had I done something wrong?

"I've noticed over the past months you haven't been at all yourself."

"Sorry I've had a lot going on personally." I apoligised and sat up straight.

"I've heard." she said. "I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I can't have an unsufficient worker in the office" she continued. I froze. Was she firing me?

"I'm very sorry I promise I will work harder, I'll do anything to keep this job."

"You just need a break." Katrina told me.

"I understand why you're firing me but I-" begged, close to tears.

"I'm not firing you?" she said confused. Now I was puzzled. "What about that offer I have talked to you about before.

I'd never told Luke about this. When I first arrived in Melbourne I was asked by Katrina to do exchange work in America for a period of time, but I declined so that I could settle down into a constant job. A while later I was offered again, but I couldn't leave, Luke was unwell and not in a stable state of mind. I couldn't abandon him. Maybe that's what made me so mad when he left. I had turned down this amazing offer for him, but I was dropped over his offer almost instantly. But his circumstances were different, I now understood why he had to leave- there were four other people in the equation, he just didn't have to be such a prick about it.