Chapter Sixteen

Hi everyone, so I'm not 100% happy with this chapter but I just had to get something published. I haven't proof read it so I apologise if its really shitty. Thanks for everything you are all wonderful. x

125 votes for chapter 17 :)

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

-------------------------- LUKE'S POV -------------------------

I raced home and sprinted inside. "Beau!" I called. He came lazily into my room, his eyes widened when he saw me pulling out my suitcase and a heap of clothes.

"What-" he started.

"Just take this!" I flung the ticket at him. "Get the same flight,"

"Please." I finished.

"Luke, what are you doing?" Beau asked although he still followed my orders.

"Ruby's going to Perth." I explained as basically as I could.

"You can't keep chasing her around! Get over her." Beau was freaking out. I stopped and stared right through him.

"There's a funeral Beau. She needs me." I told him in desperation. "Remember all those times I was struggling? Ruby was the one to pick me up. Always the one to make me smile and forget the shit that was going on around us." I said strongly.

"She helps me whenever I need -without hesitation, it's about time I help her or at least do what I can." I stopped talking and returned packing. Beau stood there shell-shocked. I had basically indicated that I was still crazy about her if he couldn't already tell.

"How long you going for?"

"A week, maybe two." I guessed, getting my bathroom stuff together. Beau handed back my phone and the ticket.

"What about work? Recording remember?"

"It can wait." I continued. Beau sighed and gave up on the argument.

"Don't forget nice clothes." he reminded me, stepping closer to help me pack. I smiled at my older brother knowing he had my back. Less than two hours later, I was at Ruby's again as promised.

"You ready?" I rushed. Ruby nodded and grabbed her suitcase and bag. I took the suitcase from her and pulled her hand into my free one, heading back towards my car and to the airport. There was a long wait between then and our flight, mostly consisting of us sitting around. Ruby had calmed down a bit but was still flustered and preoccupied.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked her.

"No, I'm not hungry." she replied. I was worried but I knew she would eat something on the plane and I wasn't going to force food upon her.

Finally, our flight details were called and Ruby and I got on board. Although we had seat allocations, we managed to get a flight attendant to get us two empty seats next to one another. The rumble of the plane sounded beneath us and we started to move, preparing for take off. Ruby took my hand in hers, effortlessly intwinging her fingers between mine with a mixture of nerves, fear and hopefully something deeper.

"Good evening, this is your pilot speaking on flight Q375 to Perth, stopping over at Sydney" the pa sounded as the captain gave us endless information about god knows what.

"It's going to be a long flight so get comfortable and introduce yourself to the person next to you."

I put my arm around Ruby's shoulders and she automatically relaxed, resting her head on my shoulder and handing me the chance to kiss the top of her head.

"It's gonna be alright." I assured her, rubbing shoulder.

"I know," Ruby replied looking up at me. "Thank you so much," she whispered. I could tell she was beyond tired.