Chapter Twenty-Four

Hi everyone, sorry for leaving you with a cliffhanger! I HAVE OFFICIALLY FINISHED SCHOOL!!!???!!!!!! I am so happy and excited for the future and will keep you posted on what I'm doing (May even finish belonging) this is not the last chapter there will be one more following maybe two if I think it's two long but for now this is the second last chapter. I'm sad this is coming to an end but I'm also happy that all of you enjoy it and provide me with ongoing entertainment from your comments! Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter xx

Ask.fm/rubyhannah

---------------------------------

"Hello" he answered. His voice alone was enough have me flustered.

"What is going on?" I managed to articulate. My voice was still croaky from shouting over the music last night.

"What do you mean?" He played dumb.

"You know exactly what I mean!" I shouted thought the phone, surprising myself and judging by the dead silence, Luke too. "You can't just pull out now after all this shit!" I yelled again. Our relationship was mentally and physically exhausting and just when I think I've gotten over it, something else has to happen that pulls Luke and I together.

"Stop shouting and hear me out." Luke whined. I did as I was told an waited for him to speak again.
"I quit. I can't do it anymore. I need to be home right now with you."

"No." I said absolutely drained. "No, you can't just decide when you want me and when you don't. You have messed me around for so long Luke and I'm not going through this again." I vented my anger. "Get back to that house and tell those idiots that you're not leaving." I raised my voice again. I was absolutely fuming. How could the others let him do this? They had worked so hard.

"Ruby stop, I'm at LAX, my flight is in an hour. Stop fighting me and come meet me when I land. I miss you, this year has just been-"

"Don't you dare do this to me Luke. I know exactly how this yer has been. When are you going to stop?!" Tears or anger and frustration built up as I forced out the words.

"Stop what?" Now it was Luke's turn to get annoyed. " I can't just turn my feelings for you on and off like a switch Rubes."

"Luke," I breathed trying to calm myself down. "I didn't call to fight with you believe it or not. I just think you're making a mistake."

"I need to be in Melbourne right now. Its all I can't think about." He sounded sad.

"Do what you want alright, you're a big boy. Just please don't involve me." I sighed hanging up. As selfish as I sounded I couldn't stand the thought of Luke being back in Melbourne. I was doing so well without him. Well. Managing without him. My head was pounding from last night and my face looked a mess, red from anger. I walked downstairs to my medicine box in hope of finding some panadol but of course there was none in my time of need. Groaning loudly in frustration from the luck of my day so far, I quickly changed and walked to the shops. I had to get out of the house. I covered my eyes with my sunglasses, trying to hide my hungover state, not caring If I looked like a twit with them on inside. Scanning the isles with a headache like mine surrounded by screaming children was probably the second last thing on the planet I wanted to be doing now. The first being facing Luke.

"The aftermath?" I heard a voice behind me. Turning around I saw that familiar dimpled grin. How himiliating. I laughed uneasily.

"You could say that. " I joked.

"Is it too bright in here or?" Ashton giggled directing his comment to my sunnies.

"No I just look like death." I said bluntly. He didn't seem to mind. "Can you help me find the panadol I can't see it."