Chapter Eighteen

For those asking, this is not the end, I've just had massive writers block and no motivation to keep writing lately! But don't worry I will definitely finish this book even if it does take a while :) Thanks for your amazing patience x

130 votes for chapter 19

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

-----------------------------------------------------

Struggling to unlock my front door because of my shaky hands, Luke grabbed the key off me and forced it in, turning it and opening the door.
"Are you seriously that cold?" he laughed.

"Freezing!" I exclaimed, shivvering my way into the apartment.

"Let me warm you up." Luke smirked cheekily, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and kissing my neck. I stayed there for a moment before turning around and pressing my lips forcefully to his. Luke's hands stayed firm under the wet material above my hips. His thumbs that circled contributed to my already prominent goosebumps. I still couldn't believe what had happened tonight.

"You really are cold, aren't you." Luke murmured, his lips so slightly brushing against mine. In pure happiness and not wanting to move, I nodded my head.
"Go. Get. Changed." he told me, planting small kisses between each word.

"I'll be right back." I told him, slowly peeling away from his grasp. I waltzed back to my room to get changed and instantly found something warmer than what I was in. My phone buzzed, recieving a text, and without a care in the world I unlocked and read it.

'hey ruby do you have any clue where luke is? he hasn't showed up yet and musnt have his phone. bella x'

I sat back on my bed as guilt washed over me. As though he had known, Luke tapped softly on my door before walking in.

"You alright?" he sat next to me.

"Bella." was all I could say. Luke bit his lip. "I feel horrible."

"I'll give her a call." he said walking grimly out of the room. A few minutes later he came back into the room looking saddened. Without a word, Luke sat next to me on the edge of my bed.

"Do you still like her?" I asked quietly, not looking at him as I dreaded the answer.

"No Rubes, it's not like that." he spoke softly, turning to face me while rubbing my shoulder. "I just feel bad." The silence between us was awkward but thoughtful.

"All I want," I stated "is for us to be together. Without any drama. Without interferences. Just you and me." I was almost begging him.

"And thats what it's going to be Rubes. This time I won't stuff up. I promise."

"Don't promise." I rested my hand on his neck, stroking his cheek with my thumb. "Prove it to me." Luke nodded as we both leant in, attaching our lips.

"I will." Luke murmured. And for the first time in a while, I believed him.

--------------------------------------------------

"Delivery for a 'Ruby,"

"That's me," I said confused as I walked from the clothes I was sorting to the older man.

"All yours." he said handing me a floral arrangement. I gasped. They were amazing. I walked the flowers over to my desk and sat down to read the note. "All my love, Luke xx"

"How gorgeous!" Paige exclaimed, coming over to examine my gift. I wasn't used to being spoilt like this, it was all foreign to me.

"Aren't they beautiful," I smiled.

"Lucky duck!" she teased walking back to the endless boxes of clothes we had to sort through. I took one last look at the flowers before getting back to work. Hours later my shift had ended and I headed straight for Luke's- along with my flowers. I grabbed the large bundle from the passenger side and struggled up the front stairs in my work heels before ringing the doorbell. Luke answered quickly, his face lighting up the way it had for the past three years whenever we saw each other. He greeted me with a kiss.

"You got the flowers." he smiled.

"They're beautiful Luke," I told him. "But you didn't have to do this." I beamed up at him.

"The least I can do is buy you flowers Ruby," Luke  "Just let me spoil you once in a while."

"I'm spoilt just to have you." I hugged him, trying not to squash my flowers. "Thank you." I directed at his kind gesture.

"Let's get them in some water." Luke took my hand leading me to the kitchen. I watched as Luke reached up to the top cupboard and got out a vase, filling it with water for me to put the flowers in. Catching me by suprise, Luke spun me around from where I was standing at the bench and kissed me with eagerness.

"You okay?" I giggled,

"Mhm," Luke replied pressing his mouth to mine once again, his hands fisting at my shirt that clung snuggly to my waist. Luke's lips trailed down my neck, planting small kisses up and down. He knew just how to work me- and used it to his advantage.

"Luke," I said breathlessly and he nipped my neck. I could feel his smile on my skin as I spoke his name. Stepping back, Luke looked me up and down before taking my hands and pulling me into his chest.

"No-one's home. Do you feel like a swim?" Luke asked. To answer, I held tightly to his hand and led him outside, recieveing a few restless kisses along the way. Stripping off into my underwear, I joined Luke in the water where he had just jumped in. Almost instantly I was pulled into Luke's arms where our lips re-united and Luke's fingers trailed up and down my back. Soon enough, his arms were wrapped tighly around my body as my head rested on his chest.

"I'm so glad you're here Luke."

"In LA?" he chuckled.

"No," I snickered. "With me. I'm really happy." I closed my eyes. "The happiest I've been in a long time."

"Me too Rubes." Luke whispered, kissing the top of my head. There was no place in the entire world I would've rather been right then than there, overlooking LA in my boyfriend's arms. I was in bliss.