Chapter Twenty

Have loved reading all your comments lately, sorry this has taken so long.

140 votes for chapter 21 :)

Lots of love xx

ask.fm/rubyhannah

------------------------------------

I got up earlier than anyone else in the house, taking advantage of the free pool and kitchen. Once the boys were up we got changed and made our way to the gym.

"I'll drive," Beau declared. No one disagreed, just followed him to the car where Jai bagsed front seat. As usual, traffic at this time was congested and painfully annoying- especially witnessing Beau's road rage. I scrolled through my newsfeed as we came to a halt for the thousandth time.

"You seeing Ruby today?" James asked.

"I'm not really sure. She's working but I might go over there tonight." I answered looking up.

"Suprise her to dinner or something?" James attempted to mock me and my romantic streak.

"He'll suprise her to something alright." Beau joined in on the fun.

"Shut the fuck up." I told them both, hiding my smirk. We arrived at the gym finally and piled in getting started. It was arms day for me today so I headed straight for the heavy weights, putting in my earphones and turning up the volume. I was in my own world when my music cut out and my phone started to ring. Jumping slightly, I turned the volume back down and looked at the caller ID, it was Ruby.

"Hello," I answered automatically smiling.

"Hey," she sounded distracted- almost upset. This wiped away my smile.

"Rubes, are you okay? Has something happened?" I worried.

"I don't know, I just need to talk to you."

Sitting down on a bench I blocked my other ear so that I could hear properly.

"I've got forever,"

"No. In person. I need to see you today." Ruby stressed. I never got calls like these and I was starting to freak out too.

"Okay babe,relax. When are you free?" I ran my spare hand through my hair.

"Now- or whenever, just as soon as you can get here. Please."

"I'm on my way." I got up, starting to walk towards Beau. I hung up and walked briskly towards my brother on the other side of the gym.

"Beau!" I called before even reaching him. "Can I have the keys?" I asked trying not to show my anxiety.

"To go where?"

"Ruby's." I answered as simply s possible.

"And how are the rest of us going to get home." he was being a smartass and I didn't have time for it.

"Beau." I took a deep breath and briefly pinched my eyes together. "It's urgent." Beau snapped out of it and dug through his pocket, handing me the keys.

"Send her my love." He told me before I walked briskly to the car. My attention was diverted away from the road the whole way to Ruby's. The sick feeling in my stomach grew as I got closer. There was only one thing it could be that she had to tell me, and I dreaded hearing the words come out of her mouth. My fear of losing Ruby was so fierce that it almost took over me.

Arriving at her apartment, I rested my head on the steering wheel taking deep breaths. I knew what was coming. I wish I didn't. Once I had somewhat collected myself I rushed up the stairs to Ruby's level as though I was running out of time- I knew I was.