Chapter Twelve

yaayy an update :)) nothing much to really say I guess! hope you like it!

If you haven't already, please take a look at my new chapter of Belonging x

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

110 votes for chapter 13 <3

------------- LUKE'S POV --------------------

I got home after a long day. I was tired and grumpy. Overall I just felt homesick. I wanted to be back in Melbourne with my mum, in the house that Ruby and I had worked so hard for. I walked in the door shouting out hello. Ruby was here most nights, I was hoping to hang out with her- I knew that would make me feel better. She hadn't been here last night so I was expecting her to be here now. I walked into the kitchen. Beau was preparing dinner while the other three boys sat sprawled across the room talking. No sign of her.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked my older brother.

"Nice to see you too Luke, my day was great! Thanks for asking." Beau teased, making me smirk.

"No worries." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Ruby's at her place. She's sick and doesn't want to pass anything on." Beau explained.

"Is she alright?" I panicked.

"She's got a headcold. Calm down you crazy white boy." he put his hand on my shoulder to stop me freaking out. I felt kinda stupid for over reacting and couldn't help laugh at my own actions. I went and sat with the others for a while, but it didn't make me feel any better. I had to see her. I got up and grabbed my stuff before heading out.

"Oi! Where do you think you're going." Skip called.

"Ruby's, bye!" I yelled, quickly closing the door behind me so I didn't have to hear their oooh's and ahhh's. It didn't really take long to get there, but I decided to walk to the shop around the corner before going up to see her. Nervously, I walked out of the elevator and knocked on her front door. I tried to control my breathing as I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. Ruby opened the door and looked at me with confusion. She was wearing a loose short sleeved raglan shirt and her trackies. Her hair was in a ponytail and she wasn't wearing make-up. It sounded cheesy and cliche, but she still looked gorgeous without it all.

"Hey Luke," she welcomed me. I could instantly tell she wasn't well because of her scratchy voice.

"Hey, thought I'd come and see how you were going. You don't sound too great." I said sympathetically.

"I feel yuck." she told me.

"Well you don't look yuck," I smirked.

"Come in you little charmer," she said. I was glad I'd made her smile.

"Mind if I stay over for a bit?" I asked her.

"Course not, I don't want you to catch anything though."

"I'll be right," I was happy she had agreed to let me stay. Following her to the couch, I sat down next to Ruby. Around her were tissues and a packet of almost empty cough lollies. Spongebob played on the TV- something Ruby always put on when she was upset or poorly. She said it made her feel like a kid again. I put the plastic bag full of what I'd just bought in between us.

"What's all this?" Ruby said, puzzled. The smile that I'd always love appeared on her face as I tipped out everything from the bag.

"You're so sweet," she cooed.

"I know" I remarked pretending to bob my hair with a stupid smirk on my face. Ruby laughed and shook her head slightly. I smiled widely knowing that I'd made her laugh before turning to her again.