Kiss me quick. (Morganville series my version)

I'm nearly finished Day lighters (the last book of this series) This book is based on just before.

Chapter 1 I need you.  

POV: Claire.  

I woke up in my bed to hear my phone ringing. I grabbed it after glancing at Shane beside me moaning and rolling in the bed taking all the blankets. I slowly pressed the answer button after getting out of the bed.  

"Hello?" I whispered.  

"Claire! I need you. I need.... you to come to Dallas tomorrow. Please. Its about you're dad." I heard my mother say in between sobs.  

I felt worry immediately hit me like a tone of bricks. "Mom. What happened? Is he ok?"  

"I need to tell you face to face honey. Please just come to Dallas right away tomorrow."  

"Mom I can't just pack up and leave. I don't have any money."  

" Claire. Just do it. Get Michael Eve or Shane to drive you."  

Um? I don't know what to think. She's worrying me a lot. What happened? All I know is its bad. My mom only cries in front of me if its very sad and serious. And she

has a very needy voice. I won't drag Eve Michael or Shane into it. I'll just pack my stuff that I can't leave behind. I played with the claudagh ring on my finger Shane gave me. It was his sisters. The only thing of Alyssa's that survived the fire that killed her. And soon after that his mom died and now his dad is dead. I didn't realise I was still on the phone until I heard my mother say "Are you coming?"  

"Fine. If you need me I'm there. Now answer me. What happened to dad?"  

"I am only telling you face to face. I want to be there. Goodnight Claire. I will see you later tomorrow."  

"Goodnight mom."  

I hung up and snuck back into my room. I opened a drawer slowly and pulled out my emergency credit card. I opened my back pack and one of my suitcases. I opened my bag and put my panties bras and socks into it. I also added some of my badazzled stakes. Curtosy of Eve. I zipped my bag and opened my suitcase being as quiet as possible so I wouldn't wake Shane up. I grabbed tops jeans and one pair of shoes and put them in the suitcase. I am only staying a few days maybe. Or even only one day. But just to be prepared. I closed my suitcase. I looked at my watch. Its 5:50 a.m. Might as well just leave now. I change into my jeans and orange shirt that reads 'Nice to tweet you!' With the twitter bird on it. I pull on my shoes. I then brush my hair spray perfume and finger fluff my now shoulder length hair. I put my backpack on and pick my suitcase up. I slip my phone into my front pocket. I walk downstairs and write a quick note 'Sorry. Had to go to Dallas. I'll explain soon enough. Love Claire.'  

I grabbed Eves car keys. Unlocked the door and locked it behind me and made my way to the hearse. I threw my bags in the back and started the monster up after checking I have everything. Keys check. Credit Card check. ID check. Phone check. I have everything. I drive out of the Glass house. And as I pass the 'Leaving so soon?' sign I think 'Yeah but not for long will I be back. You haven't won the war yet.' I turn the radio on as rap music plays I start singing the song "Don't drop that thun thun." As I drove a mile away from the sign I see a man standing in the middle of the road. I pull the break super quick. But the hearse tipped him and he fell. He stood up quick and I noticed it was Oliver. I frowned as he started to walk over to the passengers side. He opened the door and said "Where are you off too?"  

"I have to go to Dallas. Not that its any of you're business. What are you here? You're not even aloud in Morganville. Amelie is going to kill you. Literally." 

"Well. Amelie called and asked me to come back to Morganville after I helped you defeat what's her name the evil scientist."  

"Dr Anderson." 

"Anyway. You wouldn't happen to know where Monica might be would you?"  

"No. Why?"  

"Well because I have to escort her to her mother."  

"Um. Ok."  

"Well I must go find her.  

"Goodbye."  

"Bye Oliver."  

He left as fast as fast as a clock ticked. I drove to Dallas tired and worried. Not a good mixed feeling.  

POV: Monica 

Why do I need an escort? Jesus. Christ. What can't I get a hot one either. I got Oliver as an escort. That old hormonal man. He clearly must be going through menopause or his period is today. Because he finally found me. And he is pissed. "Why didn't you meet me where we were supposed to meet?!" He shouted at me his spit flying on my face. I wiped his spit off and said "There's no need to spit! Or shout! If I didn't meet you there you couldn't have checked my house next. Such a dumbass." I purposely spit on him when I said spit. "Lets just go okay?" I nodded and got into the passenger side of my red convertible. He insisted on driving.  

**************************************A/N*************** 

Well new book. I have a few books so it will be less frequent updates.  

Vote  

Comment  

Fan  

Follow  

Sorry for any mistakes.  

P.S. Someone who knows Monicas mothers name comment to tell me her name. I think it's Veronica. But still comment to confirm or correct her name.