Unexpected Love ch 31

Andy’s POV

I played the chords on the guitar for like the fiftieth time, and it still didn’t sound right. “This has to be perfect.” I said to my self, the darkness of my room surrounding me. I began to play again and sing along, the note flowing freely. This was the perfect song, even if it wasn’t my own. But it says everything I need it too. I knock at the door tore me form the comfort of my bed and guitar.

“What?” I asked opening the door not caring who it was.

“Jesus, you look like hell.” Ashley’s voice said. I looked up at him. In his hand he had a pack of cigarettes, all four seasons of Tales of the Crypt, and a bottle of gin. I tried to smile, but it came out looking like a frown. I opened the door wider so he could slide in. He walked to the TV and popped in the first season; while I sat on my bed and cracked open the pack of cigarettes.

“I thought you weren’t talking to me, since you were pro Rose, being her BFF and all.” I said lighting a cigarette. Ashley sat on the floor and took a cigarette for him. “I wasn’t. But, I talked to Rose yesterday. She is just as bad as you are. I looked at her ipod and Green Day has been on repeat. Then after I saw her, Jake told me you had an idea to get her back”

“Wait, you saw her?” I asked, taking a puff. He nodded. My heart sank. “Does she look the same?” I asked hoping the answer was yes. He nodded. “She misses you. It’s written all over her face. But Andy, buddy, I have to be the one to tell you this. YOU. FUCKED. UP. She’s hurt, but she still loves you, Andy. You have to get her back. Not for me, not for you, for her. She needs you Andy. Okay? Now, tell your plan to get her back.” He said.

I nodded and filled him in. Surprisingly he was eager to help, I guess Rose meant a lot him, like the sister he never had. “So you have the place, the time, and how your gonna her there?” I nodded, hoping, no praying this would work.

Rose’s POV

I was greeted at the bar by the kitchen staff as I walked inside. I put on some fake smiled, getting ready to create more lies to creepy guys that hit on me, telling them my boyfriend could kick their asses. In reality, Andy probably could but, whatever. It was slow because it was a Thursday night, so I mostly just talked with people at the bar. But tonight there was no one to talk to. Just when I had given up hope, Ashley walked in.

“Hey Mr. Purdy. What would you like to drink?”

He sighed and said “water and an aspirin. Note to self, don’t drink gin at four o’clock in the afternoon till seven.” I laughed and got him water and an aspirin.

“Hey, what are you doing after work?” he asked. “Nothing why?”

“I wanted you to check out this awesome Venue with me. See we have a gig there tomorrow, and since I know you probably won’t come, I want you to see it.”

“Okay, sounds like a plan. I actually get off in like an hour, so is that good?” he nodded and took a sip of his water. He pulled out his phone and said he’d be right back, something about Jinxx calling him.

I started to wipe down the bar, cash out and close up for the night. I grabbed my purse and my keys. “Ready?” Ashley said coming back inside. I nodded and followed him to his car.

~~

“So her is the main stage, where we will be performing” he said to me leading me too center. I looked out into the audience. “Breath taking isn’t it?” he asked I nodded. I could only imagine what the guys felt like every night.

“Hey, Rosy, I have to take a leak real quick okay? Ill be right back!” he said leaving me at center stage as he walked off towards the bathroom. I sighed. I took out my phone and checked to see if I had any messages. I didn’t. While putting my phone back in my pocket. I heard chords, guitar chords, from Wake me up when September ends. But at the same time, it sounded different.

Then I voice began to sing. A voice I’d known for a while, the voice that got stuck in my head, the voice loved. He began to sing a song I’d never heard before.

(A/N: here is the song… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqAix2EtmvQ)

The words get trapped in my mind

I'm sorry I don't take the time to feel the way I do

'Cause from the first day you came into my life

The time ticks around you

And then I need your voice

As a key to unlock all the love that's trapped in of me

So tell me when it's time to say I love you

I looked around to try to find him, to see where he was. But I couldn’t tell where the music, where his voice were coming from.

All I want is you to understand

That when I take your hand its 'cause I want to

We're all born in a world of doubt

But there's no doubt

I've figured out

I love you

And I feel lonely for

All the losers that will never take the time to say

What's beyond their mind instead they just hide away

The music slowed a bit. I turned my head to the right and saw Andy walk on stage with a guitar in his hands. He walked towards me.

And yet they'll never have

Someone like you to grab their hand help them along the way

Or have someone to tell them when it's time to say I love you

He walked right up to me and flipped his guitar so it was behind him. He reached his hands up to my checks. 

So tell me when its time to say I love you

He held the last note, and I felt tears run down my face. He brushed them away with his finger tips. He leaned into me, pressing his lips too mine. “I meant every word of it. I love you, Rose. Always have, and always will. What I did was stupid. But losing you was worse then you could ever imagine. You were my every thought, my every breath. I couldn’t stop think about how I hurt you. I hated myself for it.”

I moved my hands so his shoulders. My whole body was on fire, due to the fact we were so close. I still loved him, I knew it, he knew it, hell, even Ashley knew it. But what if it happens again. What if it’s not Scout, but Allison? What will become of me then?

“Andy” I said. He wrapped his arms around me. I pressed myself into him, taking in his scent, having the feel of the ends of his hair tickle my face. I felt water fall from my eyes again. I missed his hugs.

We stayed like that for awhile. Our arms wrapped around each other, and the silence of the place. “Please just say something” Andy said finally. I pulled my head away from his chest, just enough to look up at him.

“I love you too”