Unexpected Love Ch. 24

“JAKE!!!!

What’s going on? Are you okay? Is He okay? Where’s Andy? Where’s Izzy?”

“ROSE!! CALM DOWN!!!” Jake screamed in my face. I took a few shallow breathes and felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Grayson.

I looked at Jake.

“You okay now?” I nodded. “Okay. Ashley had a little tumble, which turned into an all out fall, and well he got scratched up pretty badly. He’s getting stitches and he’s going to be not able to go on tour for the first half. But he’s okay, alright? He’s gonna be fine” he pulled me into a hug. I didn’t even know tears were falling out of my eyes.

“Rosey!!”

I saw Sandra running toward me. She engulfed me into a hug. “He’s going to be fine baby doll! Why you cryin?”

“I’m fine. Emotional overload I guess. Can I see him?”

“In a little bit, Andy is in there because He’s the closet thing Ashley has to a brother, so they said he was family.”

Just then I saw a head of black hair running toward me. Andy.

“Oh babe. Shh, don’t cry.” I hugged his chest, and started sobbing. I don’t even know why. I guess it was because this whole time, I’d thought I lost ash. It scared me. These were happy tears.

After what seemed like forever, the doctor let me see Ashley. I walked in and stopped. There he sat, in the bed, looking so peaceful.

“Andy, maybe we should give her a minute?” I heard Sandra say behind me.

I heard Andy sigh and close the door. I walked over to Ashley and grabbed his hand. I started tearing again. I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I got into the bed and lay next to him, hearing him breath in and out. Before I knew it I fell asleep too.

“Sweetie, wake up.” I heard a soft voice say. I lifted my head and saw Ashley smiling at me. I inhaled and looked around.

“What time is it?”

“About four a.m. You’ve been sleeping for awhile. Andy came in to check on you, but you were still sleeping. He’s coming back with some Starbucks for you.”

I smiled. I knew I picked a keeper. A boy who knows when to get me Starbucks. I love him.

“I’m so happy you are okay. You scared me.”

I hugged him, and he winced. “Oh, I’m so sorry! I forgot!” he smiled “It’s okay. It’s the good kind of pain”

I yawned and looked him up and down. He had stitches on his face and a bandage on his nose. He looked so funny. I started laughing. “What’s so funny Rosey?”

“Hehe you look so funny Ash! Come here” I pulled him into another hug.

“Here we are. One health Smoothie for the cripple and One Chai latte, with a kick of red bull and a snickers for the lady” Andy says walking into the room, holding a bag of goodies and a drink cart from Starbucks.

“Eww, a chai latte with red bull?”

“It’s the breakfast of Champions!” I said with a grin on my face. We all laugh and then Sandra walked in holding her car keys. She plopped down on the bed in front of my feet. “Do you know how long it took to find a Starbucks that opens this early? Forever! And then Andy insisted on stopping to get you and Ashley real food. Which consists of Snickers, Potato chips, Red bull, Oreos, and god knows what else unhealthy.”

I laughed. “Thank you guys! You are so sweet!”

I kissed Sandra’s cheek and then went over to Andy, who had his arms out stretched. He wrapped me in his arms, breathing in my scent as I breathed in his. “I should drive you back to Grayson’s. Or if you want you can stay with me?”