Chapter 36

There's a few point of view changes in this chapter but hey, at least it's a long one!

Chapter 36 [edited]

Melissa's P.O.V

        Derek tutted, "now I wouldn't do that if I were you," he told Cole as his two men held me and Olivia captive. Cole had a gun pointed directly at a guys head and he had a threatening look on his face but as soon as he turned his face to see us, his eyes softened as he let his guard down but then it was brought back up again.

Cole gave Derek a hard stare, "What the hell do you want Derek?"

"Now, now using foul language in front of two ladies?" 

"Like you're a gentleman, you have them hostage now,"

        "I'll have you know. Olivia knows me pretty well as a gentleman," Cole narrowed his eyes and looked towards Olivia for an explanation. 

      "He's, um, he's also Luke. Um my, um, he goes school with us," Olivia answered with a croaky voice and I knew then that she was trying to be strong and hold back her tears and she's doing a damn good job. 

       "Now, now dear Olivia no need to hide our relationship," Derek told her with a smug grin and then he looked back at Cole, "I'm her boyfriend." I felt like slapping him then and there. How could he just play with Olivia's feelings like that? I don't care that I'm here being kept hostage and possible going to be put on my death bed but he hurt my best friend. My best friend fell in love with someone who doesn't even exist. 

   Falling in love is hard. Once you fall you need someone to catch you but she has no one to catch her fall and I know she was hurting so bad.

"I swear to god Derek if you hurt them-" Cole threatened.

"What are you going to do Kennedy? You're surrounded by my men."

"I'll fucking break your neck,"

         "You just talk but I don't see no action," Cole growled and he suddenly pulled the trigger and the bullet went straight through the guys head. I closed my eyes for a bit and looked away, I don't think I'd ever be used to the sight of someone being killed by a bullet. Olivia gasped and Derek turned to face her, looking at her carefully.

     I also turned to look at her and I saw how the guy was holding her tightly and a bit too close to him for Olivia's liking, she looked uncomfortable.  Cole held gun to Derek's head and he laughed, "really? Go ahead shoot me Cole. But how long do you think it'd take my men to get their guns out and shoot the girl that you love oh so dearly"

Derek went to reach for me, "don't fucking touch her," Cole threatened.

      Derek tutted again, "again with the foul language. You have to watch your mouth Kennedy." Olivia let out a hiss in pain and I noticed the guy had her in a tight hold. Derek glared at the guy, his attention dropping from me, "give her to me," the guy who held her looked up at him, surprised. "NOW!" He quickly handed Olivia to Derek and he gracefully took her into his arms and then the guy holding me threw me towards Cole and he swiftly caught me. Our eyes locked on each other for a moment.

     "Kill them!" Derek announced and then disappeared off with Olivia in his arms.  I gasped as a bullet flew right past my ears and Cole hid me behind me as he started shooting them back. I saw something poking out of his back pocket and I took it making him jump slightly at my touch.

A gun with bullets.

    Someone started firing shots at my way. The surprise of the shots caused me let out a small scream and then I fired bullets back at him.