Chapter 31

Chapter 31 [edited]

Cole's P.O.V

             I groaned slightly as my eyes opened, fuck my body hurts. My ribs hurt the most and even opening my eyes took so much energy. When I had opened them my eyes were exposed to  a bright light, I quickly closed them but then I opened it again and my eyes adjusted to the light. My throat felt sore and I spotted a glass of water on the table besides me. I took the glass in my hand and took a sip, then I put it back on the table.

          I looked down at my other hand when I felt something on it. I spotted a familiar dark haired girl with her head on the bed and her hand on top of mine. Melissa. I smiled at her, she fell asleep besides me. I then remembered the night we had spent together. Her head on my chest as she slept and my fingers intertwining with her small hands, I've had sex with many girls before but this was different, this was more intimate more passionate. It was more than just sex to me.

           I felt Melissa stir and she picked her head up, slowly, rubbing her eyes slightly and then she saw me staring at her and a smile appeared on her lips. "Cole" she squealed and hugged me, I tried to chuckle but it hurt.

"Yeah it's me," I told her playfully.

A tear slipped from her eyes, "I thought I'd lost you"

"You haven't. I'm too hard to get rid of," I winked at her and she smiled.

         A man with dark hair, small brown eyes and in a dark blue uniform came into the room, her uncle. He looked at me, then at Melissa's hand on mine and then at Melissa. "Melissa I need to talk to you," he told her and she nodded, "in private," she frowned and then removed her hand from mine as she walked outside following her uncle and two police officers walked into my room and towards me, this is not good.

Melissa's P.O.V

"What's the matter?" I asked as he closed the door and we stood at the side.

"It's about Kennedy," he answered.

"What about him?"

"I know you're somewhat attached to him but that doesn't cover up the fact that he's wanted,"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that when he gets better he's going into prison," my eyes widened.

"What?"

"He's wanted for many murders and he needs to pay the price,"

"But- but he didn't do anything,"

Kevin frowned, "what do you mean?"

"He didn't kill anyone well apart from his Dad but that can be justified."

"His Dad?"

"Yes but that was because he was defending his Mum and himself,"

              "Melissa you need to tell me everything, it seems we haven't solved the puzzle. Tell me everything what happened?" I nodded and we sat down at the side.

              "Well after Cole kidnapped me..." I told him everything well apart from the events of last night obviously.  I told him what happened and the relationship between me and Cole, I told him that we have grown attached to each other. I explained how Cole saved me countless of times and I explained Cole's story to him.

"I see," Uncle Kevin finally said.

"So what now?" I asked.

              He sighed, "I don't know this is complicated. We haven't had a case like this before, I need to explain it to the head, maybe Cole can have a court hearing." I nodded, "Melissa I know this isn't the right time but I need to tell this; you can't see him any more."

"What?" My eyes widened, did he just say I can't see Cole any more? "Why not?"

"Because this is a police matter now and you guys can't see each other during it and this isn't righ,t"

"What's not right?"

"You and Kennedy. He's a criminal,"

           "He's not, he just did what was right. I thought you were meant to be a man of justice not of judgement," I stood up "and you can't tell me who I can see or not, you're not my Dad," I then walked away from him. Cole can't end up in jail! He just can't, he didn't even do anything! I can't just not see Cole, I want to see him, I need to see him. I couldn't go outside to get some fresh air because of the stupid press.

What will happen to Cole?

When will I ever see him again?

GIF: Kevin

Comment and votes, loves :)