Chapter 3

Chapter 3 [edited]

I was sat on the couch watching Cole pace from left to right, it was amusing and annoying at the same time. I could see him mumbling something under his breath but chose to ignore it. Right now I had the upper hand and I was going to use it to the best of my ability.

"He called you that means he's able to track you." He said to himself and I smirked, little did he know that my uncle, unfortunately, can't track us due to a poor signal and the fact that my phone is broken. Cole stopped pacing and got out his phone, he looked at the screen and then smirked. I frowned and he looked at me, "but there's a weak signal so he can't track us because if he did he'd be here by now. Also, I broke your phone so he has no source."

I glared at him stupid smart hot criminal wait... Can someone be stupid and smart? "Well he has my license plate." I smirked as his eyes widened, it seemed like a war of who can get the most smirks and right now I was winning as it was 2-1.

Cole sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, "out of all the people I had to pick you!"

"Well I didn't ask to be here. Look, I can just drive back and forget about everything or you can keep me hostage and be tracked down, your move Kennedy." I crossed my arms and looked at him.

There was a moment of silence, he looked up at me his blue eyes piercing into mine and then he spoke. "I'm keeping you hostage." My jaw dropped and he smirked at that 2-2.

"Wha- But- But why?" I'm sure I gave him a way out, it would have been easy for him. Get rid of me and I'll keep my mouth shut and we can move on.

"Since you're an FBI agent's niece it means they can't harm me when you're with me because you're under their protection and they know if they hurt me they could possibly risk you being hurt too," I glared at him.

There was a silence and none of us spoke but then I broke it "I don't know what you've done to become one of the most wanted criminal but all I know is that you will be tracked soon and I just wanna say when they catch you I hope you rot in jail," I got up, walked upstairs into a room and slammed the door. Damn it! I was really hoping that Cole would take the easy way out but then again it is Cole Kennedy we're talking about he never takes the easy way.

How am I going to survive almost a week on the road with him? I walked up to my broken phone and picked up the smashed pieces, yep no hope for this! The door suddenly opened and caused me to jump at the sudden motion.

"We need to get some sleep we're leaving early," Cole told me and I sighed.

"Fine. I'll take this room and you can take the next room."

Cole scoffed, "as if I'm going to let you off by yourself. You could run away." Why didn't I think of that?

"So what now?"

"We both sleep here."

I raised one eyebrow, yes one eyebrow because I am that cool. "In the same bed?" Cole looked around and his eyes landed on the chair in the room, he walked up to it, pushed it towards the door and grabbed a pillow off the bed and a blanket out of the wardrobe.

"I'll sleep here."

"Of course by the door."

"Have to make sure my hostage doesn't run away."

"Oh no, why on earth would I do that?" I asked with sarcasm lingering on every word and Cole smirked. He walked up to the wardrobe and got out a pair of boxer shorts and a t- shirt and threw them at me.

"Here you can wear that."

I looked at it and scrunched my face up, "I'm fine sleeping in my clothes."

Cole shrugged "Suit yourself I'm gonna change." He took the clothes off my hand and walked towards the door. He took his shirt off revealing his toned torso. My eyes widened and then I quickly turned around.

"What are you doing?"

He chuckled, "Changing like I said."

"You couldn't have done that in the bathroom?"

I heard some shuffling and then some footsteps, what is he doing? "Now why would I do that?" I felt his breath on my neck causing me to jump and turn around. Cole had changed and he was laughing at me while I glared at him. "That was fun." I crossed my arms at him "Now go to sleep, Feisty."

I glared at him as he walked towards the chair, "It's Melissa."

"Whatever."

Picture: Melissa (Jessica Lowndes)

Sorry it's short but I kinda have writer's block :/ I will be away this weekend for a wedding so I won't be able to upload then, sorry, but your comments and votes motivate me to write more *hint hint* ;) Can I enter this into the Watty Awards 2013?