Chapter 13

Chapter 13 [edited]

Kevin's P.O.V

        "No that can't be right." I stated firmly over the phone. Claire left her breakfast and looked at me with worry as I paced in the living room. "Why would my niece do that?"

            "It was clearly her and the reason for it is unknown." A cop, Mason, told me. He had seen Cole and Melissa on the high way he was there and he had informed me of the events that took place.

           "My niece would not shoot at officers." Claire's eyes widened at that, "she was probably doing it against her will."

"She looked like she was enjoying it."

"That criminal has done something to my niece. I will get him."

Cole's P.O.V

             I yawned and glanced in Melissa's direction she was sleeping in the passenger seat and she looked peaceful, I smiled at that. I have to admit seeing her shoot those cop cars and the wind blowing in her hair as she gripped the gun was hot. I turned back to face the road because I didn't want to crash this car as well.

               I thought back to our little training session at Nate's house. What would have happened if Nate hadn't interrupted us? Would we have kissed? Do I want to kiss her? God stop sounding so whipped Cole my mind screamed at me. What is happening to me? Melissa is- well she's feisty, irritating, annoying and sarcastic but there's something about her that has me intrigued I can't put my finger on it.  I heard her steer and moan slightly and god was her moan hot...snap out of it!

              I saw her from the corner of my eyes push herself up in her seat and she looked around, "Where are we?" She asked her voice a little hoarse.

"We're in Nevada. It's almost dawn." I answered.

                "Aren't you tired? Maybe we should stop somewhere so you can sleep." It sounded like she cared and not many people had showed that emotion to me. I usually hide away from people who I started to trust or care about and I hid away from people who began to trust me and care for me because either way someone gets hurt. I should know.  I simply nodded and pulled up at a motel which seemed quiet and quite run down. We grabbed our bag of clothes, some snacks and I carried a gun with me just in case.  "Cole won't they track us down through your licence plate?" She sounded disappointed at that and that caused me to frown.

              I then smirked as I opened the boot again "Good thing I have that sorted. " I told her. I grabbed a white rectangular palette out of the boot. I bent down and covered our license plate with a fake one, I did the same for the front. Melissa widened her eyes at that, "ee Feisty nothing to worry about."

"It's Melissa."

               "Whatever." She rolled her blue eyes at me and I led her into the motel front desk. We looked around, the place was empty and it was lit dimly.

               "Where is everyone?" I shrugged and saw a bell on the desk. I rang the bell which caused Melissa to jump slightly and then an old man appeared out of no where and walked behind the desk. He smelt of weed and his left eye was twitching, his suit was scruffy and too loose and big for him.

             "Customers. How can I help you?" He asked in a gruff voice and he attempted to smile. He looked towards Melissa and grinned showing off some black teeth. His eyes shamelessly roamed her body and I felt like punching him and giving him a black eye to match his teeth. What is happening to me? I didn't say anything because we needed a room right now and I'm pretty sure sleeping in the car wouldn't be comfortable.