Chapter 2

Chapter 2 [Edited]

I kept glancing at him from the corner of my eyes. I took in his messy dark brown hair which was mostly covered by his hood and his firm blue eyes. Even through his baggy clothes I could make out his muscular build. He looked only no older than 25 but no younger than 20. How does someone at this age became one of the most wanted criminal? I didn't even know what he's done to earn that title. Sure, I've searched it up online but there are so many different theories it's hard to pin point which one is true.

The car had fallen into silence. I mean what are you meant to say to a criminal? Well, the first thing that came to my mind was 'Can you please let me go now?' but I didn't want to seem weak in front of him especially when he has a gun still pointing to my head. I glanced at the rear view mirror as I continued to drive straight.

"The police aren't following us," I told him breaking the silence. I felt him look at me and I glanced at him quickly, he was studying me and then I continued, "you can go now. I can just drive back home and act like nothing happened."

Again, we were welcomed by the silence for a minute or so. "I can't let you go," He told me firmly.

I gulped, "W- Why?" Oh god, he's going to kill isn't he? I had so much more that I wanted to do with my life! Curse you, Cole Kennedy. 

"Because you're my hostage. If I let you go now then they will continue to chase after me and possibly shoot me dead but if you're with me then they won't."

I stayed silent for a while, I must say he is quite clever. Damn you clever criminal. Now what? I guess the safest thing for me to do was to play alone and oblige. "How long am I with you for?"

He paused for a minute, "for as long as it takes for you to take me to my safe house."

I sighed, "Well, where is this safe house?"

"Pennsylvania" I braked and the car came to a sudden halt, the criminal, Cole, had to put his hand out to prevent himself from hitting his head on the dashboard, not that I would have mind.

I turned to look at him gob-smacked. He was giving me a hard glare but I didn't care "PENNSYLVANIA? FROM CALIFORNIA IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK!"

"I know." He told me with gritted teeth.

"I'M NOT DRIVING WITH YOU TO PENNSYLVANIA..." A familiar clicking noise stopped my rant. Shit! I forgot he had that gun. He held the gun to my head.

"You're driving me to Pennsylvania unless you want to get shot in the head," I gulped and looked from the gun to him and nodded "Good. Now drive the car, Feisty." Feisty? I turned and started driving.

"I have a name by the way, it's Melissa." Why the hell did I tell him my name? 

He was silent for a minute "turn right here." I rolled my eyes at him and turned right. I'm in a car with a criminal for at least a week. Specifically, Cole Kennedy.

* * *

We had been driving for a few hours now with the radio playing in the background which Cole had kindly put on. I was just following Cole's instructions, apart from him telling me where to go, we hadn't really spoken. Not that I expected idle chit- chat from a criminal that was keeping me hostage.

"Turn left." He told me, I turned the car left and we were driving in a path that was surrounded by trees. Despite the warm weather the leaves on the trees had gone. The only light we had now we're my headlights. No moon in the night sky and no lampposts.

"The woods?" I asked. Oh my god, is he going to kill me and ditch my body here?

"Well if you keep driving like this we may get into an accident and I'm hungry." After he mentioned that I suddenly craved food. My stomach growled in hunger, in a lady like way of course -note the sarcasm. I blushed slightly as he stared at me and I heard him chuckle slightly under his breath. Oh so other than giving me instructions and holding a gun to my head, he can laugh?