Chapter 8

Chapter 8 [edited]

            "A party?" I echoed "Okay I'm trying to say this in a not so very weird way but Cole aren't you meant to be, you know, in hiding or something?" Dammit, why am I so stupid? Why didn't I just play along and then I could have ran!

Cole answered, "this is Nate's party not mine so it doesn't matter besides it's friends only."

I frowned, "You have friends?" I said that by accident and my eyes widened.

            Cole's jaw clenched and he sighed, "I'm too tired to argue with you." Okay that's a surprise "I need a smoke."

              I grimaced at that, my Dad used to smoke and I hated it. It's bad for your health and it caused my dad bad chest infections since it affects your lungs, "smoking's bad." Cole stopped walking and turned to face me, "it can damage your lungs."

            Cole's eyes softened for a while as he looked at me but then he regained his hard composers and smirked, "careful Feisty you're sounding like you actually care about my health." 

I rolled my eyes at him, "just stating the facts," He continued to walk away. I was left alone in the living room with Nathan, or Nate as Cole put it, so what do I do now?

I frowned and looked at Nathan "Hey Nathan..." I started.

"Call me Nate." Nathan interrupted.

"Okay... Nate. Why did Cole come here?"

            Nate frowned, "He didn't tell you?" I shook my head and he smirked what is it with guys and smirking? "How do you think I got all this money?"

             "Um-" Well if you're friends with Cole probably by selling drugs or illegal weapons? Nate laughed and that surprised me.

"Drugs? Illegal weapons?"

"Ops. I wasn't meant to say that out loud, sorry."

"Just because I'm friends with Cole you assume I do illegal stuff?"

"Well he is a criminal."

"Did he even tell you why he's wanted by the FBI?"

Curiosity took over me, "No. Why? Do you know?"

"Of course I know. We are best friends!"

"Well then tell me!"

               Nate opened his mouth to tell me but then closed it and shook his head, "It's not my story to tell. Sorry." I pouted and sighed I wish he would just tell me why he's wanted by the FBI. "Anyway we're off topic, I'm a successful engineer and I even sell cars to many people, including celebrities, and that's how I make my money."

I raised an eyebrow, "That still doesn't explain why we're here."

He sighed, "How are you expecting to get to Pennsylvania?"

                "Well originally by car but my car got wrecked, well it exploded, and we need a new car-" I looked at Nate and then it hit me "Oh." Nate smiled, "You're going to give us a new car."

"Yep."

"Well how long will that take?"

"Well the car that Cole has picked will take me about three days to fix it up."

"Three days? I have to spend more time with him."

Nate chuckled "You guys are perfect for each other?"