Chapter 5

Chapter 5 [edited]

          The feeling of heat blazing besides my face caused me to wake up and quickly sit up as I realised that I was in the middle of the woods sitting quite close to a fire. It had turned night time now and you could see the stars in the sky, the trees took away some of the moonlight casting a huge shadow if it wasn't for the fire then I would have been covered by the darkness. This reminded me of the camping that my Dad used to organise, it was his perfect idea for a family holiday. I got up and hissed at the pain that came from my...wrapped up arm? I looked around and noticed that Cole was no where to be seen.  

             This could be your chance to escape from here my mind screamed at me and just as I was about to leave I frowned but where is here? And how do I get home from here?  Why is everything so complicated?

             "You're awake." A familiar voice spoke behind me causing me to jump and turn around and I was faced with Cole who wore his hoodie but this time it wasn't covering his hair or his face. "You've been unconscious for hours."

                I looked at him for a while and noticed the slight bruise formed on the side of his neck and because of our close proximity I noticed his cut lip and a scar just across the side of his left eyebrow, was that always there? "Where's the car?"

"There's no other way to say this but your car got set on fire,"

               "Well...that's nice... I really hope insurance covers that. I have no car now...," then a sudden realisation hit me, "but now that means I can't drive you anywhere which means you can let me go now." I scoffed "See ya." I turned to leave but he caught my wrist and pulled me back. 

               "Not so fast. The place we were meant to go today was about your car so it's okay I have the driving part sorted," I frowned at that, "Besides I still need a hostage. We're behind schedule now."

"We have a schedule?"

"Well not an official schedule but who cares."

I sighed, "Okay fine. Well now what?"

"We spend the night here?"

"Here? As in the middle of nowhere?"

"Good thing I have GPS on my phone then."

               "How is your phone not broken after that car crash?" He shrugged, "Well then lets go where ever we were meant to go now." I just wanted to get to Pennsylvania as quick as possible to leave Cole and go back to my normal life.

"No. We need rest."

"Well I was unconscious for hours that's my rest done."

"Well then I need my rest."

                 I sighed, crossed my arm and then looked down at my wrapped up arm "How is my arm wrapped?"

Cole looked at my wrapped arm and then at me, "I used my t-shirt."

                 "Oh...well thank you." There was an awkward silence, I guess there was nothing to speak about between us. I mean what is a most wanted criminal and the niece of an FBI agent meant to talk about while on the run? "So..."

Cole cleared his throat, "we leave as soon as it's dawn."

"Where exactly are we going?"

"To see someone."

"That explains everything."

                His jaw clenched "I don't need to tell you where we're going every time." He started walking away and I followed him.

              "Actually you do since I'm stuck with you." He didn't say anything "Why can't you just tell me where we're going? What difference does it make?"

He turned his head and I saw a smirk on his face, "there's no mystery."

"Mystery's are over rated." His smirk dropped and I smiled as he turned around.

"Get some rest."

                 He walked away and I sighed as I crossed my arms. Wait a minute... I'm outside. I'm by myself. Cole is not here at the moment. Then I ran.

              I don't know where I was running and I don't know where I was at the moment but I didn't care. I was running away this was my chance at freedom. I didn't have to stay with a mood changing criminal. I mean one minute he's smirking and laughing and the next he's clenching his jaw and gritting his teeth. He clenches his jaw a lot.

               I didn't look back. I mean I've seen it enough times during movies. The girl turns back, she trips and sprains her ankle and she's left on the ground helpless as her killer (or in this case kidnapper) captures her yet again. Pathetic really. However, the urge to turn back was so tempting but I had to resist.

                  I was soon out of the forest and I was standing on a pavement with a decision to make: do I go left or right? I took a deep breath and looked around. It was dark and the road was isolated with a couple of lamp posts lighting up a few areas, there was no cars and no people. Overall, it was scary. I stood there debating with myself, mentally, whether or not I had made the right choice.

Would you rather be stuck with a criminal, who is likely to kill you at any time? Or do you want to take your chances and run for your freedom?

Then I decided...

I turned left. 

Picture: Movie poster of Hot and Dangerous

I updated! Sorry for the wait but I have my big exams coming up and I need to prioritise. Sorry for any mistakes.