Chapter 29

Chapter 29 [edited]

              Cole quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him, "just play along," he whispered in my ear. He then pulled out a gun, when did he take that? And held it to my head, okay drama class it's time for you to kick in. I held my breath and tried to look scared. Uncle Kevin stepped forward slightly with a calm expression, he once told me that FBI agents and police officers had to hide their emotions during missions to not give away their vulnerability.

"Don't move," Cole threatened, "if you do then I shoot her,"

              Uncle Kevin held his hands out and stopped moving, "You can be unreasonable and spend another year in jail for another death or you can just surrender easily," Kevin told him, remaining calm.

                Cole scoffed, "I'd rather see her dead then spend my life in jail," I knew this was part of an act but that still hurt, I have to step up to my game. I thought back to leaving Cole and that made me emotional and a tear slipped from my eyes, yes it's working.

"Be reasonable, Kennedy"

          "Drop your weapons, tell them to drop their fucking weapons," Cole's tone was cold and calm, "or I'll shoot," he pressed the gun closer to my head.

             Kevin looked around at his men, "drop your weapons," they looked around and slowly dropped their weapons.

"Good,"

"Our intention wasn't to hurt you anyway"

"Yeah, that explains the guns,"

"That was merely for our protection," Uncle Kevin then looked at me, "Give me Melissa"

               Cole was quiet for a minute and the thought of leaving him made more tears spill from my eyes, "Okay but if anyone picks up their weapons then I won't hesitate to shoot her." 

               "They'll keep their weapons down," Uncle Kevin was a man of his words and I knew he meant it when he said they'll keep their weapons down.

               Cole whispered in my ear, "I'll miss you feisty," and then he looked up and slowly pushed me forward, I looked at him and then back at Uncle Kevin and slowly walked towards him. As I reached him. I gave him a hug. It felt good to be around someone familiar, someone close to home.

             Uncle Kevin hugged me back, "are you okay?" He whispered as I pulled away and I nodded, "did he hurt you?" I shook my head no and he frowned looking down at my bandage. I turned to see Cole who was slowly walking back.

This is it.

             This is where he runs away and I go back to California, this is our goodbye and what a crappy good bye it was. Cole looked at me with a small smile, I am going to miss him. I almost jumped out and screamed I don't want to leave you. I then realised I still hadn't told him how I felt and as I opened my mouth to speak...

            The sound of a gun being shot, shut me up and my eyes widened as I realised what had happened.

NO! 

            Cole had been shot! I watched as a couple of bullets were shot at him, it felt like time froze and then slowly replayed in slow motion, he looked at me with a blank expression and dropped to the floor with a thud.

             "No!" I screamed "Cole," I ran towards him and it took a while for everyone else to register what had happened and then they moved in closer to us. Uncle Kevin quickly wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me back.

              "Melissa!" He called my name I turned to face Kevin, his gaze softened as he noticed the worry and concern on my face and he let go of me. I ran up to Cole and held his head in my lap and stroked his face, he was fighting to keep his eyes open. Tears spilled from my eyes as I took in his bloody torso, his eye lids were dropping slowly and I knew he was fighting to keep them open, "No, Cole keep your eyes open please," I whispered.

               I don't care that everyone was giving me weird looks at my affection towards Cole, I don't care if I looked stupid, I don't care what anybody thought right now. All I cared about was Cole. 

              "Give him some space," Uncle Kevin told everyone and they shuffled away. He looked at me with concern.

"I thought everyone had their weapons down!" I screamed at him.

              "They did," he looked up at everyone "Who shot him?" Nobody said anything "Tell me now who shot him before I have to find out the hard way," there was silence.

"No one did boss," A guy said and I frowned. What?

"F- feisty?" Cole called and I looked down at him.

"The ambulance should be here soon," Kevin told me, "Keep your eyes open Kennedy"

                I cried holding Cole's face, "Cole, Cole keep your eyes open" I looked down at him and whispered, "please," I just wanted him to open his to have my blue eyes staring into his blue eyes.

Cole chuckled slightly and then groaned, "You're actually being nice to me Melissa"

I chuckled slightly but that didn't stop the tears, "You actually said my name"

He groaned and his breathing slowed down, "I feel tired"

"Cole," I looked over at his face, "Cole don't. Please keep your eyes open."

             "Melissa I--" his eyes were dropping and faint sirens could be heard from a distance, "Melissa I--" he repeated and then his eyes closed. No he can't, he can't die. This isn't our goodbye! This isn't how I pictured our goodbye. This isn't it!

"No, Cole?" He didn't say anything, "Cole!"

Then the ambulance came.

Picture: Cole

Short chapter I know but school starts next week so I'm just finishing off my summer work also I was away for a week because I went to Birmingham for a wedding. I have post holiday/ wedding depression :( Poor Colissa :( Comment and vote.