Chapter 19

Chapter 19 [edited]

Kevin's P.O.V

"You're sure it's them?" I asked over the phone.

             "Yeah we have many witnesses here that are telling us that they've seen Cole Kennedy and your niece," Officer Ted answered over the phone.

                "Okay I'll take the helicopter into Montana right away," I hung up and looked at Claire who was looking at me in worry. I walked up to her and softly kissed her lips.

"Have you found her?" Claire asked me

"We seem to have a new leash on them,"

"I'm so worried about her, do you think she's okay?"

I nodded, "I'm sure of it, don't stress too much it's not good for the baby," Claire slowly nodded.

                "I'm going to Montana for a while to track her down, I want you to call me if anything happens? Do you want to go to your Mothers or--"

"No I'm fine. I'll be fine by myself."

"Are you sure?"

Claire nodded "Yes now go and look for Melissa."

 -

                     Me and a couple of other agents and cops were currently flying over the states in our helicopter. Once we had reached Montana we had landed in an isolated area. I met with Officer Ted and we shook hands, "what's the update?" I asked him.

               "We found one guy shot at the diner, we stitched him up and now he's in questioning. We tried to get him to talk but he wouldn't," officer Ted answered and I nodded.

               "Let me talk to him," officer Ted nodded and we drove to a small closed off base. Once inside I was led to a small confined room where a guy with dark hair sat on a chair under a light in a dark t- shirt, his hands were handcuffed behind him and he was looking down. I closed and locked the door and this caused him to look up at me.

"How's the wound?" I asked him and he laughed

                "Cut to the chase we know you don't really care," he answered me, "anyway what makes you think I'd answer you?"

               I walked up to the table between us and rested my hands on it. I bent my head down to his level, "because from what I've heard you tried to hurt my niece and that's not tolerable now we either do this the hard way or the easy way." He didn't say anything, "the hard way I guess."

               I punched him hard on the face and his head turned from the force and sudden action, he chuckled slightly, "you and your niece both have some mean moves"

"Who are you and how do you know Cole Kennedy?"

There was a silence, "I don't know him"

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

              "I only know what I read in the papers and what I read is that he kidnapped your niece?" I stood there silent and he chuckled, "well when she was helping him after he got shot she didn't seem to mind being of use to her kidnapper"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Where's my niece?"

He scoffed, "how the fuck am I mean to know? She left with that prick!"

"Why did you shoot at Kennedy and wreck the diner?"

"Orders from the boss he wants your niece. What The Scorpions want they get"

                I frowned "The boss?" He didn't say anything and I didn't push it. I walked out of the confined room, locking the door behind me and then I approached Officer Ted. "I need you to do a DNA scan on him figure out who he is, his background and then find out who The Scorpions are"

"The Scorpions?"

              "Yes," I didn't say anything else about it, "I'm going to search Montana with some other officers they can't have gone too far," Officer Ted nodded and walked away.

                   I was currently at the diner looking around for clues and couldn't find anything apart from skid marks off a car tyre which faded once it reached the road. Where is she? We then got into a car and we drove around Montana a bit, looking around for anything unfamiliar or slightly suspicious. Anything that would lead us to Cole Kennedy and Melissa.

My phone rang and I answered, "hello" I greeted

"Kevin" Ted's voice said through the phone "The Scorpions are a gang"

"A gang?"

"Yeah apparently Kennedy was somehow involved in that," I frowned.

"Can you look more into it?"

"Yeah, I'll call you when we have something."

Picture: Cover on the side by @_SecondJaineration_

Just a chapter for those curious about Kevin's insight of the situation.  Comment and vote :)