Chapter 3: Five Steps

Dustin's POV

Trouble!! One word, 7 letters. Im in a serious shit right now! I clearly understand why i was born as a werewolf, but i had not expected my mate to be a freaking human. Although shes got a nice ass- but, ugh thats not the point. How do i freaking approach her today? I can't sit in my car all day thinking of how i can approach her. Need a plan! I need a PLAN.

Well let's take things nice and slow.

First: Get close to her

Second: Get her to like me

Third: Be her friend

Fourth: Be her Boyfriend

Fifth: Tell her the truth

All it takes is 5 steps and everything will be done. Of course, if things do go as planned or else im screwed.

I get off my car and as always the ladies stop and drool over my sight. Instantly the smell of my mates cologne hits my nose, i look around the parking and spot my mate, London, some other guy who i don't know and Andrew. Why the hell is his arm around the shoulder of my mate? She's MINE!

Just as i was about to beat the crap out of Andrew one of my best friend James held me back. He knows who i am, he knows what i am, and everything else about me. I trust him, too much. That is a serious sickness in my body. Gosh im so charming!

"Whats with the look on your face? Did you get up from the wrong side of the bed?" He asks putting an arm on my shoulder. My eyes still glued on my mate, what was her name again? Mary? Mason? Oh fuck it, I'll go and ask.

"I got up from the right side of the bed alright! But i do not like the way that punk is touching my mate" She was smiling at Andrew and.. is she blushing? Why the hell would she blush? Whats so great about that punk? James looks at the person my eyes are glued on.

"London is your mate?" He asks, i growl

"No! The brunette girl next to Andrew is the one." I correct him

"Mavis Faye? My deep respects to you man, but i don't think London will let you come near her." I look at him questionly

"What the fuck do you mean by that?"

"Mavis and London are practically sisters, everyone knows about them in school. There are even rumors that Andrew and Mavis are dating" once hearing that my wolfs anger decided to show, he is not happy to hear that and so am i. Without saying a word, i decide to approach them with a fake smile on my face. James follows along behind me, first thing i did once i reached them is, keep the distance between Mavis and Andrew couse its really bothering me.

"Morning Ladies and gentlemen, how are we this morning" i greet them while looking straight at my mate in the eyes, she blankly stares back at me, blinking few times.

"Its been good, now that your here its getting worse" Andrew replys while glaring at me.

"Well thats harsh! Im so hurt" i say placing my hand over my heart, pretending to be hurt.

"What do you want Dustin?" London finally speaks up. I look at her and smile

"Its good to see you too Blondie" she rolls her eye in response

"I don't think I've introduced myself before, Im James, nice to meet you all" James introduces himself as he gives a wink to London. I look back at my mate, she looks so lost right now. I smile at her innocent image, darn everything about her turns me on.

"Morning" i whisper leaning closer to her face, she got startled by it, i smirk. She smiles shyly giving me nod.

"C'mon guys, class starts soon" Andrew butts in, he holds my mates arm and tries to drag her out of here, but i cought her other arm. Instantly tingles and shocks fill my body. Oh god I'd give anything to taste those lips. I step closer towards my mate.

"I'll see you around, okey?" I ask, she nods hesitantly, and runs inside the school just as the bell rings.

"Stay away from Mavis, Dustin" London appears in front of me crossing her arms.

"Why would i do that?"

"You don't even like her, don't you dare toy with her"

"Your right, i don't like her, i love her. Also I'll do as i please, i don't need your permission to date someone" i walk away once finishing my talk, leaving London standing there dumbfounded

***

Mavis's POV

Gosh what is wrong with me? Why couldn't i talk when he approached us, i noticed he was looking at me while i was talking with London and Andrew but.. why did i lose my words? It seems like i forgot how to speak. Am i attracted to him? Or is this a temporarily crush im developing?

I got my lunch and sat down on my usual table with London and Andrew

"Mavis" i look up at London stuffing few fries in my mouth.

"Hmm"

"Is there something going on between you and Dustin?" She asks, Andrew looks at me curiously

"No! Not that i know of" i shift in my seat feeling someone's eyes on me.

"Dustin seems to have a special interest on you, couse he has been looking over this table since the time we walked into the cafeteria"  Andrew states, i look around the Cafeteria and saw Dustin staring at me, he smiled at me and winked, i looked away feeling my face heating up. I glance back at him again and he still is staring at me, i look away once more, i knew he was smiling at that. Wait! Why did i look away? He's the one whose been staring at me the whole time? What did i do wrong? Dustin stands up from his seat and walks over to our table, within a minute he reaches our table.

"Good afternoon guys may i join your table" he sits down next to me before anyone can reply, Andrew and London huff in annoyance as i feel comfortable.. wait what? Why would i feel comfortable? 

"Its good to see again ma'lady" he says

"Yeah! I guess"

"Your a very good dancer" is he flirting with me?

"You guys danced together?" Lola and Andrew ask at the same time

"Yeah at the party" Dustin replys

"Um.. i need to visit the bathroom" i get up and storm off to the bathroom.

10 minutes later

After fixing myself in the restroom i step out and saw Dustin leaning against the wall. I got startled by him twice already

"Are you a ghost or something?  Why do you appear out of nowhere?" I said nervously , he chuckles slightly

"Well im not a ghost, but i can be if you want me to be" he says sexily, the hell? is this turning me on?

"No! Thanks. Did you follow me here?"

"No! Sort of, Yes!" He says scratching the back of his neck, is he nervous? "Would you like to, show me around the school maybe?" He asks

"Um.."

"I mean i arrived a week ago and i still don't know the way around here. It would be awesome if you'd do the honor of showing around the school" he says, i smile at his nervousness

"Yeah sure, c'mon" he grins and follows me as i show him around the school.

⏫ James ⏫