Ch. 7: One Step Closer

<~Ally's POV:

My phone buzzed with a new text message.

It was from Cody.

MESSAGE: Hey babe, wanna hang out tonight, xoxo love you (;

I sigh. Why can't that be from Austin?

Wait why do I feel that way.

I need to find a way to get Austin out of my head.

I decided to reply to Cody.

MESSAGE: Sure, that'd be great. What time?

I press send without adding any xoxo's or any 'I love yous'

I sigh aloud, things are just so complicated.

This time at least Jillian can babysit though.

~~~~~~

<~Austin's POV:

I can't believe Ally didn't trust me to babysit Annie. I mean really Ally. That was my one and only chance to show her that I care for her.

I just hope I'll get another chance another time.

~~~~~~

<~Cody's POV:

"Are you sure your okay, babe?" I ask Ally.

She was just sadly picking at her food. She seemed so...unhappy.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." She assured me as she took a bite of her food.

"Okay." I decided to just go with it, even though it was quite obvious that there was something wrong.

After dinner Ally and I sat at the beach, just enjoying the night together. But something told me Ally wasn't enjoying it as much as I was.

She was shivering so I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer to me. But it didn't seem to help.

She was such a beautiful, fragile girl I couldn't believe it.

It's like she doesn't trust anyone though. She has a good reason though. It's mostly Austin's fault. He left her. I don't see how he could have. Ally is beautiful. I just love her.

~~~~~~

<~Ally's POV:

I really wasn't enjoying this date. Actually I don't really think of it as a date. I think of Cody as a stranger.

It's just different. I used to look over and find that special blonde with his arm around me.

*~*~Flashback~*~*

"It's so beautiful out tonight." I say, leaning up against Austin.

"It is, but I'd rather look at you. Your way more beautiful than anything." Austin said with a smile. He kissed my forehead gently and wrapped his arm around me.

I smiled and nestled closer up against him, sharing his warmth.

"I love you so so much." Austin said giving me a kiss on the lips.

I kiss him back, "I love you too."

*~*~End Of Flashback~*~*

I sigh at the memory, the memory I missed dearly.

I felt the wind pick up, I was even colder now when suddenly I felt a raindrop on my nose, then it just began to pour.

"Wow you look really wet!" Cody exclaimed as he zipped up his jacket.

I stood there shivering in my strapless dress. He's no gentlemen.

Yup it's settled I'm breaking up with this guy.

Right after he drives me home...

~~~~~~

We arrived back at my house. It was late and I was tired but I have to dump this guy. Things just aren't working out between us.

"Hey, Cody." I paused as we both stepped out of the car into my driveway, "We need to talk." I finished.

Cody's face fell. He nervously stuffed his hands into his pockets. He nodded.

"Things...ah how should I say this." I sigh.

"You want to break up?" He asks, locking eyes with me.

I nod nervously, "Yeah...I just don't have any feelings for you...I'm sorry." I try to say as nicely and calmly as possible.

He sighed and nodded, "I understand."

"Thanks, Cody." I say before giving him a hug.

I smiled as he hugged me back and rubbed his hand up and down my spine.

After a long, comforting hug. We pulled away from each other. We waved goodbye and then Cody left.

I was kinda happy Cody was out of my life. I mean...now I can focus on other stuff. I don't have time for a boyfriend.

Thankfully Cody took it pretty well. He almost seemed excited to break up.

I don't blame him...who would ever date me.

I haven't had a boyfriend since I got pregnant...I'm not counting Cody as a boyfriend.

I guess no one wants a girl that's pregnant with someone else's baby. It makes sense though. Even after Annie was born as soon as I told someone about her they lost interest in me.

The only guy I could ever see falling for me is Austin. He's my last chance. It's like he left me but now he knows no one else wants me. I don't know.

I lay down on the couch. I was tired and depressed. I needed a break but there is no break for me.

I heard Annie's loud cries....absolutely no me time. No one knows how much work baby's are until they have one.

I pick Annie up out of her crib and give her a a gentle hug. She calmed down and fell asleep in my arms.

I sigh, it was quiet. No noise, no interruptions.

And then there was a knock on the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for taking so long and then posting a short crappy chapter! I think I'll post again today. However i may just post short chapters for awhile. I will update a lot though with shorter chapters!

~Please comment and vote! Thanks,

Emma