Ch. 8: The Blame Game

<~Ally's POV:

Uhhhhh who could that be! I groan as I approach the door with the sleeping baby in my arms.

I whip the door open, I was in no mood to talk.

"Ally?"

Austin was standing there. What's he doing here?

"Austin? What are you doing her?" I ask.

He scratched the back of his neck, "I missed Annie." He mumbled.

"You did?" I was actually surprised.

"Yeah. I mean when I babysat her, you came back right away. I didn't have much time with her." Austin explained. He was obviously nervous.

"Oh well I guess you can come in." I say. I gesture for him to come in.

This is weird, Austin has been to my house so much lately.

He walks in and takes a seat on the couch. He just seems to make my house his house.

I took a seat in the chair next to the couch where he was sitting.

"How's my pretty girl!" He exclaimed looking at Annie, who was now awake.

She giggled and spat a little. I wiped it off her face with a little rag.

Austin put his arms out wanting to hold Annie. I smirked and gave her to him.

He was really starting to like Annie.

He tickled her a little and played peek a boo with her, she just laughed the entire time. It was quite entertaining to watch for me.

After a while I fell asleep. I guess I wasn't worried about Annie when she was with Austin. I trusted him with the one thing I loved the most, Annie.

~~~~~~

<~Austin's POV:

I played with Annie until she started to get really sleepy. I glanced over at Ally who was already asleep.

I smiled. She's so cute. So is Annie.

I took Annie to her nursery and carefully laid her down in the crib.

"Goodnight my sweet heart." I murmured to Annie. I watched her sleep for a while. It was fun for me.

I left her room with a smile and went back to Ally. She was still asleep.

I picked her up bridal style and carried her to bed. I laid her down and pulled the blankets overtop of her.

"Goodnight, Ally." I whispered. I kissed her forehead and left the room. I crashed on the couch. It was late and I didn't want to drive home. Besides Ally wouldn't mind.

~~~~~~

<~Ally's POV:

I woke up with a start. I had just experienced the worst nightmare ever. Annie and Austin were taken from me! Wait...Austin?

Wait...where are Annie and Austin?

I got out of bed and looked in Annie's crib, there she was sound asleep in her crib, what a cutie. Wait how did she get up here? I didn't put her to bed...I didn't even put myself to bed...how did I get up here!?

Austin...?

I scrambled down the stairs and found Austin asleep on the couch.

I tip toed past him trying not to wake him up, but he woke up. Darn.

"Ally...what are you doing up?" Austin asked with a yawn. He stretched out his arms.

"I just came down here to see if you were here." I say.

He smiled, "Yeah I'm still here." He chuckles.

I smile and sit down beside him on the couch, "Thanks for putting Annie to bed." I say with a smile.

"It was no trouble." He says smiling back at me.

I giggle a little, "And you know you wouldn't have had to carry me up the stairs..."

"Nah it's find, you're pretty light." He assured me.

"I don't believe you..." I say starring into his dreamy eyes.

"Why not. You can't lift yourself." He replied.

"Because look how fat I am! All this baby fat is never going to go away." I whined, pulling up my shirt and showing him my belly.

"Ally, your not fat. I promise." Austin told me.

I sigh,"Your just saying that so I don't randomly start lecturing you."

He looked at me confused, "What do you mean?"

"You did this to me!" I joked kinda making it sound like I was angry but both of us knew I wasn't.

"Oh so we're gonna play that game..." Austin laughed as he mumbled, "And Ally, I did not make you fat..Annie did." He said with a smirk.

Wow he don't get it does he...

"And where did Annie come from?" I say smartly. I am going to win this little competition we have going!

Austin thought for a moment, "Your ass." He laughed.

I really wanted to slap him for that one, "Before that..." I mumbled angrily.

He sighed, "Fine, you win. Everything is my fault. Annie came from our love. So I guess it's all my fault your fat." He said finally giving in.

I smirked, "Thank you." I say cockily.

He smiles, "I'm sorry." He says his smile fading.

Okay he just ruined a happy moment. I was still congratulating myself for winning!

"Sorry for what?" I ask. I'm so confused. He's told me sorry for everything already.

"Sorry for everything. Getting you pregnant, leaving you, just everything." He says folding his hands.

"That's very sweet, Austin. But it's in the past and I don't care anymore." I say with a smile.

"But I'm still sorry. I kinda ruined your life, I feel so guilty." He admits.

I sigh. It was true. He did kinda ruin my life, but now Annie is the best thing in my life.

"Austin, if this is about Annie I forgive you for everything and she is now the best thing in my life." I assure him. I never knew he felt this horrible.

"I'm glad you think that. Your the best." He says pulling me in for a friendly hug.

I was a little unsure about hugging him but eventually I just went with it and hugged him. He made me feel so safe and he smelt good.

After about a minute we pulled away from each other.

"We should probably get to sleep it's like three in the morning." I suggested, glancing at the clock.

He nodded, "Probably." He agreed.

"And since you think I'm so light, can you carry me upstairs?" I ask batting my eyelashes.

He sighs, "Alright." He scoops me up in his arms and carries me upstairs, lying me down on my bed.

"Night Al." He says as he walks out of the room.

"Wait, Austin!" I called after him.

"What?" He asks poking his head through the doorway.

"You don't need to sleep on that uncomfortable couch. You can sleep right here if you want." I say patting a spot next to me.

He looks at me for a moment before coming in. He begins to take his clothes off.

"But only if you leave your clothes on." I say.

He rolls his eyes, "But I always sleep like this, otherwise I get too hot!" He whines.

"Alright then you can sleep on the couch." I say with a smirk.

He rolls his eyes and puts his clothes back on, "Do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is sleeping in jeans?" He complains as he gets under the covers with me.

"That's your problem." I say, rolling over so my back is facing him.

"But-" he starts but I interrupt him.

"Good night, Austin." I say getting annoyed with all his complaining.

"Good night, Ally." He says.

Finally...no more complaints. Just sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I finally fugues out how to use bold and italic words. Ha. So how did you like this chapter? If I get 5 votes or 5 comments I will update today!

So comment and vote!

-Emma(: