Chapter 20

Jason's pov

We were two weeks into the tour and I was onstage singing Drink one for me. I lifted my beer up high when I got to the chorus. "Drink one for me, for all the old times, we tore up that town raised hell alright. Tell the boys, thanks for havin' my back and some of the best memories I've ever had so go on and get crazy and drink one for me." The lights go low and I smile. Brittany smiles sidestage with Sierra and Miranda beside her. I smile at my little family. Then the music kicks up to lights come on.

Miranda's pov

I walk backstage and get a bottled water, practicing my songs in a whisper voice. My phone buzzes. I look at the screen. A text from Bruce begging me to take him back. I won't and even if I wanted to dad forbid me to go near him again. I don't want to anyway. "Now everyone please welcome the beautiful, the talented, my amazing daughter, Miranda Aldean!" I smile and grip the mic tight. He highfives me as he walks backstage sweating. I run onstage. "Hey guys! It's so great to be here!" I gasp, grabbing my guitar. The band plays the song I told them to do. This is a new song I wrote the other day. You're the first folks to hear it."

Jason's pov

I didn't expect that. I hug Brittany and sit down. Sierra yawns. "Ya wanna go back to the bus, honey?" She shakes her head. "I wanna see this." Huh? "I dedicate this song to my dad." That catches me even more off guard. "If I ever called or cried out your name, you would be there right beside me. If I was upset, you would be there to help me dry my tears. So if you ever doubt the love of a father, you need to hear this song!" She strums on her guitar for a little bit and I stand back up and walk to the edge of backstage. "I've got the whole world. I've got the whole world and it's in my daddy's hands. I've just got to tell you. Yeah I've got the whole world in my daddy's hands!" Whoa. This is a new song I've never heard. Brittany rests a hand on my shoulder. I'm too shocked to even move. She smiles back at me. I smile and wave. Sierra hugs me. "Did you know about that?" I ask. She smiles and nods. "Daddy I love having a big sister." I smile and hug my other little girl. She breaks into house that built me. I wave to the surprise I have for HER. "Thanks for doing this darlin'." I say to the one and only Mrs. Miranda Lambert. She smiles and nods. "Anything for my fans."

Miranda's pov

I was about to sing the next part when someone else started it. And not just anyone. I spin around shocked to Miranda Lambert! "Daddy gave life to mama's dream." She smiles and gestures for me to sing along. Oh yeah! We sing the whole song then we sing mama's broken heart together. After my set, I run backstage. I find dad getting Sierra on the bus. She looked exhausted. I hug him and he gasps in surprise then turns around. "Oh hey baby girl." "Did you hear the song?" "I loved the song, it was beautiful." We all go on the bus and I lay down. Dad tucks me in and kisses my forehead. "I love you dad." "I love you too sweetheart. The day I met you was the best day of my life." I fight back the happy tears and sit up and hug him again.

Jason's pov

I go lay down next to Brittany. "You tired yet?" I ask, smiling up at her. I was laying down she was sitting up. She smiles too and steals my hat then lays beside me. "Not even a little." She whispers, kissing me.