Chapter 19

Miranda's pov

Me and Bruce were having lunch and Sierra got here. I moved my backpack off her saved seat. "Hey how should I tell dad that I have a boyfriend?" She laughs and shakes her head. "Just tell him. He'll be annoyed but he'll get over it." I glance at Bruce and smile. He holds my hand.

*later*

Jason's pov

The girls get home from school. Brittany went to visit her mom and dad. She's been pretty freaked since that attack. "Hey dad, can we talk?" Miranda asks setting her backpack down. "What's up, sweetheart?" "Well um...... I've got a confession." Oh jeez. "Please don't tell me you're on drugs or something." She laughs. "Of course not, but..... You know Brantley's son Bruce right?" My eyes go wide. I nod slowly. I forgot all about those two! "Honey, I know what you're about to say. Brantley told me awhile ago." Her eyes go wide. "Oh.... So..... You're not mad?" "Of course not. Brantley's  good guy with great morals and he knows how to raise his boy right. I don't have a problem with him." "Wow! That went a lot easier than I thought." Now here comes the awkward question I've always dreaded asking. "Darlin'.... Um are you and Bruce uh..... Sexually active?" "No!" Thank God! I hope she's telling me the truth. "And if you ever were always use protection. St your age, you don't need to be getting pregnant." She nods. "I know. I don't wanna do that." I pat her head. "You got a good head on your shoulders." "I was raised right." She says, smiling. I hug her. "You sure were sweet girl."

*one week later*

Bruce is coming to take Miranda on her first date. I hear the revving of a motorcycle. "Ooh he's here!" She cries, running downstairs. "Miranda wait, your hair!" Sierra gasps, chasing after her. Lord, these girls. I open the door. Miranda hugs him then they leave. "You okay dad?" I nod and close the door. "Just.... Don't grow up too fast." I say, hugging Sierra.

Miranda's pov

Me and Bruce are riding on the motorcycle and feeling the wind in my hair is incredible. "Woo hoo! Faster!" I shout excitedly. We get to the resturaunt and he takes off his helmet. I do too and kiss his cheek. "When do you go on the tour with your dad?" "3 weeks." We go inside and there's a little bit of a wait. We were hanging out and waiting when someone walked over. "Wow! It is her!" Huh? I raise an eyebrow. "What?" "Miranda Aldean! Can I have your autograph!?" I'm shocked. But I sign it.

*later*

Jason's pov

Miranda gets home from her date, looking shell shocked. I raise an eyebrow worried. They didn't do it, did they? "Honey, what's wrong?" "I-I had a fan.... S-She wanted my autograph!" My eyes go wide. "Whoa! That's a good thing!" "Y-Yeah.... I know I was just shocked." I smile and hug her. "Well go on up to bed now, it's late."

Miranda's pov

I was just drifting off when I heard the creaking of my window open. I turn around to Bruce. He smiles and kisses me gently. I rest my head against the pillows as we kiss. His hand slipping under my head. He slips a hand under my shirt. My eyes go wide and I grab his hand. "No. I'm not ready for that." I gasp, shakily. "Oh come on, we've been going out for almost three weeks!" He gasps. "No! I don't do that!"

Jason's pov

I hear Miranda scream! That's weird!  She hasn't had a nightmare in a while. I get up anyway and go to her room but what I see is not a nightmare she's having but a nightmare of mine come true. "Get the hell off her!" She kicks him in the stomach and he falls off the bed. I grab the back of his neck. "What.... Is going on?" She's crying, freaked out. I throw him out, knowing exactly what he was trying to do. Then I call Brantley. "You need to come get your son. He's not allowed to be anywhere near my daughter." "Uh oh what happened?" "Just get over here."

Miranda's pov

Dad walks back inside after talking to Brantley. "Is he gone?" "Yeah. Don't go near him anymore." I nod, shakily, keeping a hand clamped around the  doorframe. "Let's just go back to bed, honey." I nod and hug him. "Goodnight." "Goodnight."