Chapter 22

Jason's pov

We finish the tour and Brantley invited me and Brittany to a party at his place. "You'll be okay, right girls?" I ask. "Yeah. Have fun dad." Sierra says waving. So we go to the party.

Miranda's pov

Me and Sierra were making macaroni and cheese for dinner when there's a rapid knock at the door. My head snaps up to the door. Sierra looks frightened. "Do you think it's-" "Crazed fans?" The pounding doesn't stop and I run to the phone. Sierra holds the door closed best she can as I call dad.

Jason's pov

My phone rings so I answer it. "What's up, kiddo?" "Daddy there's someone trying to break in!" Miranda screams panicked. Oh my God! I race to my truck, grabbing Justin, Brantley, and Luke along the way. "Baby girl, go into my room and wait in the closet. There's a loaded rifle in there so be careful and only use it if absolutely necessary." We get off the phone and I drive us all there. "It's probably crazed fans." I grumble worriedly. "Don't worry Jay. We've got your back." I smile. We get to my house and the front door is wide open, worrying me. I shakily walk over, along the wall. "Come out, come out wherever you are." I hear someone say. Not a fan! Not a fan! I take a shaky deep breath and let it out slowly. "What's the plan here?" Luke whispers beside me. I point to B and Justin indicating they go around back. Me and Luke will go around the front. "Aha there you are!" Oh no! I hear both girls scream. "Now we'll be together forever!" Oh crap! "No leave me alone!" My older daughter yells! I rush inside. "Get away from my daughter!" I yell, angrily. Both my girls are huddled crying on the floor. I take aim. It is a crazed fan. A fan of my daughter. Who wants her. Not gonna happen! "Back up and get the hell out before I shoot you!" I growl. He spins around, the rifle in his hands. But I shoot him before he can even take a step. I drop the gun and run to them. "It's alright girls. You're okay."

*the next day*

Brittany asks what we're doing. "I badly hate to say this but... I'm takin' her out of the spotlight." Britt's eyes go wide. "What?" "She's too young for this anyway. She's only a teenager. I don't wanna risk it happening again. I'll put her in hiding until people forget then she can go back to school. Like a normal teenage girl." "She could've been the next Taylor Swift." I roll my eyes. "God no." I say, shaking my head. She laughs. "I guess I'll go break it to her. I walk down the hall then hear music playing. "I've been sleepwalking, been wanderin' all night. Tryin' to-" I stop myself from listening to my beautiful princess's angelic singing voice. I shakily walk in there worriedly. "Hey honey, we've gotta talk." I say. She lowers the guitar. "I've uh I wanna talk to you about something too." She says, surprising me. "What is it honey?" "I'm scared to tell you." She says, tearing up. I sit on her bed and pull her onto my lap. "Baby girl, you can tell me anything. I promise I won't be mad." She stares at the ground, picking at her shirt. "What is it hun?" "I'm sorry daddy I can't perform with you anymore. I'm too scared after that fan attacked me last night..... I just.... I wanna be an ordinary girl!" She cries, really fast. My eyes go wide and I unpurposefully start laughing. "What the? Why are you laughing?!" She cries angered. "I'm sorry honey, I'm just.... I thought I'd be having to break it to you! That's what I was wanting to tell you. I didn't want you performing anymore until you're older because of safety reasons." Her eyes go wide. "Oh really!" I laugh again and nod, hugging her. "I love you daddy." "I love you too princess." I kiss her head and she gets under the covers. I tuck her in. "See ya in the mornin'." I turn the light off and go back downstairs. "How'd she take it?" Brittany asks worried. I smile and slip my hands around her waist. "I think she'll be fine." I say. We share a kiss then I put Sierra to bed and when I go back to the kitchen, my Brittany is making margaritas. We both pick a glass up. "Cheers." She says, clinking our glasses together. "I love ya darlin'." "Love you too, handsome." We kiss again and I set my glass down as we start to make out. We move it to the bedroom and I never even took a sip of the margarita.