Chapter 29

Miranda's pov

I can't stay awake anymore. I'm just glad that guy lied about killing my dad and he's not dead. I lay my head against the wall, the room I'm in is not very roomy at all, reminding me of the box. I hear a knock on the front door. I stare at the ceiling beyond exhausted, my head still bleeding and hurting. "Wow, hey Gorgeous what are you doing way up here?" One of the kidnappers asks. "You have something that belongs to me." The woman says and to my shock, it's my mother's voice!!! "Huh? I don't know-" He starts then there's a gunshot and he stops talking.

Jason's pov

We just pulled up in front of the cabin and I'm beyond shocked seeing her mom. "Now where is my daughter you bastards?!" She screams. I slide off the four wheeler. Whoa. I was wrong about her. She does care! Luke looks just as shocked. "Look lady we don't know who you're talking about but-" "Shut the fuck up!" She screams shooting the guy that was talking. "Where is she?" She growls. "I know you took her. I watched it all from my jail cell. Hence the reason I broke out of prison. Now do I have to kill more of you before you release her?!"

Miranda's pov

The door opens and light floods the area. The guy yanks me up, causing more pain to shoot through me. They pull me out to the main room and the first thing I see with my one non swollen eye is my mother. "Mama?" I whisper. I run to her and she hugs me. "Thank God you're okay!" Mom gasps. Then I hear the familiar southern twang of my daddy and tears spring to my eyes as that one word is mumbled. "D-Daddy." I turn my head in time to see him race over here. He hugs me tight too and I cry hard against his shoulder. "Oh daddy, I thought you were dead!" I gasp, sobs racking my body to where I can barely breathe. "It's okay baby girl. You're okay. They won't ever touch you again." He whispers, soothingly holding me tight in his arms. We all go back home and instantly Brittany, Justin, and Sierra shower me with choking hugs. "Come on hun, let's get your head fixed up." Dad says, smiling. I'm so tired still. I lay my head in dad's lap while he works on the still bleeding wound and the soft murmurs of my family lull me to sleep.

*later*

I wake up back in my bed. Sierra sitting on the edge of it. She smiles big when I open my eyes. I hear dad and my mom talking downstairs. "I'm sorry for what I said. You proved to me today, I was wrong. Thank you." Dad says. "Thanks for giving me another chance. Can I go.... See her now?" "You're welcome anytime." Dad says and I can hear the smile in his voice. I smile when mama opens the door. Tears in her eyes. Sierra gets up and mama takes her place. She brushes a strand of hair back from my face. "It's so good.... To see you again." I whisper. She smiles. "I'll always be a phone call away. I love you baby girl." She says. I strugglingly sit up and we hug.

Jason's pov

I'm so glad she's okay. Justin's waiting to go see her. I smile watching the young boy. He's gonna be good for my daughter. Luke pats my shoulder. "Told you we'd find her." I walk upstairs after her mom and Justin have a turn. The first thing she does is pull out an Atlanta braves ball cap covered in blood. "W-Who's hat is that?" I shakily ask, sitting on the bed by her feet. "The k-kidnappers said they killed you. I thought it was yours." I wonder how they knew I had a hat like that. "No mine's in my room. I'm so glad you're alright. W-What did they do to you?" I help her sit up and pull her into a hug. "Just locked me up and hit me." Thank God they didn't rape her. "I'm okay now dad." She says. I smile and help her stand up. "Well dinner's ready. Ya wanna come downstairs or I could bring it up." "I'll go downstairs." She says, holding my hand. I smile. "That's my girl." "I-Is mama still here?" "Yeah."

Miranda's pov

We get downstairs and everyone including Uncle Luke are all sitting at the table. He pats my head when I sit down. Brittany squeezes my shoulder with a smile. It's good to be home. Dad brings dinner out then picks up a beer and taps his fork against it. "Tonight we celebrate. Cause our little girl has come home safe and sound. And also I've made myself a life long friend. To family!" He says. We all raise up our glasses. "To family!" We all shout. I grab a heaping plate of lasagna with garlic bread. I smile gladly looking at my family. Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz had it right. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place. Like. Home.