Chapter 16

*a few months later*

Jason's pov

Brittany took Miranda out to the store to get stuff for a party she's having at school. Me and Sierra were just having a lazy day. She was watching TV and I was working on a new song when I heard her scream! I run down the hall and she's not in the living room. "SIERRA?!" I shout, terrified. "Daddy!" I run down to the bathroom where I heard her. I open the door and my stomach churns. Oh jeez, her first period.

Miranda's pov

We were stopped for lunch when Brittany's phone rang. She puts it on speaker and cuts at her chicken. "Um, hun, we've got a problem." "What is it, Jason?" "Sierra...... Uh..... Became a woman today. If you know what I mean." My eyes go wide and she takes it off speaker.

Jason's pov

She puts toilet paper in her underwear. "What should I do? I've never dealt with this before!" I gasp, slightly panicked at my crying daughter. "It's gonna be okay, honey." I say, gently patting her head. "But Jason, what about Miranda? She's old enough-" "Baby stop talking. She uh she can't hear you can she?" A slight pause. "Not anymore." "She's adopted honey. By the time I got her, she was already passed that and doing it on her own. I am super panicking here. What do I do?!" "Ok calm down, check under the sink." I open the cabinets with one hand, the other still holding the phone. "Do you see anything called pads on the label?" "No." "Then you'll have to go to the store and get some. They're in the feminine aisle." Oh jeez. "Ok. I gotta go." I close the cabinets. "Come on honey, we gotta go to the store." "What's going on, Daddy?" Um.... How do I explain this?! "Ya remember when mama had that week every month when she'd get really mad at stupid things and she went to the bathroom a lot?" "Yeah?" "That's what's happening.... Um when Mrs. Brittany gets home, she can explain it better." This is really difficult for me. We get to the store and there's so many things I don't know what to get. I'm so confused. "Need some help?" I turn around to a worker. A girl. "Thank God. I uh I have no idea what I'm doing!" "No problem. Here, these are perfect for your daughter's size. And you should also have some aspirin lying around. Cramps usually come with menstrual cycles." "Thanks. Without your help, I'd be standing here very uncomfortable for hours."

*later*

Sierra was laying down when the girls got home. "How is she?" Brittany asks. "She's laying down. I got what she needed. Man was that a weird experience." I mutter, cracking my newspaper and standing up. "Did you get the stuff y'all needed?" She smiles and nods. "We're all ready for tomorrow's gala!" Miranda gasps excited. Lord this girl. I love her so much. I pat her head. "Is Miranda home?" Sierra shouts. "I'm coming!" She runs upstairs. I smile and shake my head. "Kids." I mutter. She laughs. "The kids.... Are distracted." My eyes go wide. She grabs my shirt collar and kisses me. "Let's take it upstairs, shall we." She whispers. Whoa! "Ok."

*later*

"Lord, that was great." I find myself saying. She smiles, her head on my chest. I smile and rub her back. "Darlin' I think we can officially say we're dating right?" She laughs and sits up. "I think so." What worries me is what she said when we first met. She said she wasn't the kind of person to get in long relationships. Or maybe she was messing with me. I don't have a clue anymore. "Lay back down baby, today was so crazy." "You did good. Sierra is probably just as embarrassed as you are." I smile. "You're probably right."

Miranda's pov

"Oh man, dad was so freaked out!" Sierra gasps, taking a sip of her ginger ale. "I kinda feel bad for him." She continues. "It's not your fault. It's normal for a girl to go through this. Trust me, I went through it but I didn't have anyone to help me." She glances over. "Oh yeah cause your parents were assholes." She grumbles, clenching her fists. My eyes go wide. "Sierra! You just cussed!" I gasp shocked. She laughs. "I guess becoming a woman gives me a more bad girl attitude." "Whatever sis." I mutter, shrugging with a chuckle. I turn off the lamp and go to bed.