Chapter Twenty One: Chloë

Standing there, head in his hands along with Chloe's hand tangled between them. Smiling ever so slightly she watched as a single tear slid down his face. Wanting nothing more than to wipe it away Chloe sighed defeated because she knew she had no strength to do so.

"I love you." She whispered pulling him down into her arms. It was now her turn to be strong for him.

"I love you too... more than anything remember that" he replied placing a kiss upon her soft and fragile lips.

That was it.

That's all she held in for, that kiss, she wanted that to be the last thing she felt and it was. Lying there lifeless in his arms Liam began to sob. He didn't know if it was the smile that was left on her face or the fact that she was gone that pained him most. Holding her for as long as he possibly could he listened as the monitors went off in his ears. Doctors swarmed around them trying to take affect but he knew there was nothing anyone could do.

Getting up from his spot beside her he watched as doctors and nurses did everything they could to revive her.

None of them succeed.

After hours of sitting in the empty hospital room just blankly staring at the bed Chloe was in earlier made Liam feel like there was a chuck of his life missing. To him there was but he figured it would never be filled again. Looking at the time on his watch Liam got up and made his way home. It took a while but ge arrived at the hotel he had been staying at and made his way to his room. Walking inside he instantly could smell Chloe's scent. He wasn't sure how he'd feel with being there alone but he knew he had to be, for her at least. He couldn't stop replaying the memory of Chloe's mom crying and her brother Chase punching the wall when the doctor told them the news. I thought I had it bad but it was nothing compared to what they felt that part was obvious.

Liam didn't sleep one lick that night, knowing the love of his life was being buried early that next more just sat in his brain like a tumor. The second he saw the sun hit the sky he got up and got dressed in the only suit he had. He never thought he'd need one and if he did it would be for his wedding with the girl he loved most not her funeral. Not caring what time it was he made sure he was the first one at the graveyard. Chloe's parents had already made all the arrangements for the funeral the moment the doctor told them Chloe was in stage four. It's not because they wanted to but because Chloe made them. Sitting next to the already dug up plot Liam looked down into the whole and laughed. 

"Prepare yourself for the moment we meet again, because the second I see your smile I know I'll fall all over again." 

Replaying the sound of Chloe's voice in his head Liam smiled up at the sky and wiped his eyes repeating that very line she told his months ago.

"Prepare yourself Chlo... for the moment we meet again and the second you see my smile you'll fall in love with me all over again."

This was more than an epic love.