Chapter Two: Smells A Bit Fishy

Once I made to the fish market down on the boardwalk I smiled as Mr. Bert looked my way and waved. He wore a huge smile which intended my father had made the call while on my way down here and he had most likely said yes.

"Mr. Bert! How's everything going?" I asked him as I finally reached him and he gave me a small hug.

"Great I actually just got off the phone with your father, what made you want to work here there are tons of there Hip and Cool places to work" He said right away and I laughed.

"Yeah but I practically grew up in this little market, I was here everyday with my dad after fishing out on the lake with him" I told him and he nodded in agreement.

"That very true, well you should already know you've got the job I trust you more than I trust my own boy" He said causing us to both laugh and I made my way behind the counter. The market was an outside market so everyone that walked by could see what was for sale and if they were interested they could just walk up and buy it.

"Well in that case when can I start?" I asked my attitude from earlier perking up about a million times higher.

"Right now get you an apron on and start putting some fish out on the ice" He said and I nodded and did as I was requested. 

It took me a good hour to stack all the fish correctly on the ice and when I finally finished I went to sit down on a little crate and it broke resulting in me falling in to it. At no surprise it was full of water and live fish so you could only imagine the look on peoples faces as they walked past.

"Yeah Yeah laugh it up people" i told them as people walked by chuckling and taking pictures. I rose to my feet angrily when I heard foots steps approach me rapidly from behind and i didn't bother to turn around.

"Go away if you want pictures I'm sure they'll be all over the Internet somewhere n about thirty minutes" i told the person and I only received a small chuckle.

"Pardon?" The voice spoke and I turned around and frowned.

"Oh I-I'm sorry" I said when I realized they guy was helping pick up the flopping fish from the ground. He had this dark blonde hair and dark but ice blue eyes and it was obvious he hit the gym.

"it's fine I shouldn't have run up on you and just begin to pick up your fish" he said and I laughed.

"No it's not my fish i just work here but thanks for the help" I told him as we dropped the fish in a bucket of water i had pulled from behind the counter.

"I'm Laim and if you couldn't tell from my accent I'm not from around here I'm actually lost and when I saw you fall into the crate I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to ask for some assistance" He said and I wiped my hands on my apron.

"Chloe and yeah that's something you wanna do right after seeing something like that" I told him and smiled.

"Not really but still do you by any chance know where Santa Bay hotel is?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah if you take a left here and than a right on the next block it should be the huge hotel on your right" I told him pointing to the streets and he nodded as I did so.

"Okay thanks... Chloe right?" He said as he began to walk away and I waved.

"No problem" I told him and he disappeared around the corner. I laughed at myself for being such a spaz and I went further inside the market and Mr. Bert spotted me and smiled.

"Chloe! you've done good job today you can go home we;re closing up early due to the rain storm we're suppose to get" He said and I smiled and took off the apron and practically shot out of there. When I got outside I surprised to had run into Liam waiting for me by a pole.

"Hey I know this is probably weird me waiting outside your work and all but I kind of got lost on the way to the hotel is there any way you could maybe take me?" He asked and I laughed giving him a small nod.

"Your in luck I actually just got off" I told him and I began walking. He followed in toe and the as we walked only a block it was quite.

"So where are you from?" I asked putting my hands in my pockets.

"Um England, yeah I came here on a school exchange program at Santa Bay High School ever heard of it?" He asked looking over at me and I groaned.

"Ah Santa Bay High home of the Bears, I truly wish I hadn't but sadly I have I actually go there well did it's summer so schools out of course but you know that" I asked palming my forehead.

"Yeah I did, how come i've never seen you around school then?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I'm just another face in the hallways nothing special so why would you see me?" I asked him grabbing on to a light pole and swinging around it.

"Because your a beautiful girl your face would be hard to miss" He said openly and I blushed.

"Thanks, but how many girls do you use that line on? I bet they just melt with that little accent of yours too" I said making us both laugh.

"Oh yeah it totally reels in all the babes but no seriously I should have at least seen you once even if it had been a glance" He told me and I began walking with one foot in front of the other.

"Well I leave school a lot... I had things to do everyday so I was never there long" I told him and smirked and looked at me.

"And what were these things?" He asked and I smiled looking at him and looking away just as fast.

"Just things like out of school classes and lunch dates with my mom" I replied and he smiled.

"Oh so you're a mama's girl hun?" He asked and I hit his arm and laughed.

"No never my mother will seriously be the death of me" I said as we came to a stop in front of the hotel.

"Well this is me" He said looking up at the tall black and grey building.

"So you live here?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yup curtsy of the school exchange program, nice isn't it?" He said smiling.

"Well if you consider room service and maids plus free everything then hell yeah this is nice plus this is the best hotel in Santa Bay California" I told him and he chuckled.

"Oh really? I hadn't noticed" he said and I smiled.

"Well I'll let you get to whatever it is exchange students do during the summer here, bye" I told him beginning to walk away and he stopped me.

"What do you say we head down to the beach? You kind of smell like fish and I sure the salt water will help with that plus I've got nothing to do it's summer and I just met a cool new friend" He said and I laughed and smelled my shirt.

"Granted that but hey for the record your hands smell like fish too I bet" I replied and he looked at them and gave them a slight sniff.

"You are right, so what do you say?" He asked and I checked the time and shrugged.

"Why not" I told him and he smiled and we began walking the opposite way until we saw signs reading Beach.