Chapter Eight: Chasing Time

Sirens sounded off all around me and though I couldn't move or talk or even open my eyes for that matter I knew this was bad. I heard all the shouting though, it was sad that not even in this moment could my family not fight over me. Whether it was about what doctor saw me or what the other did to cause this they just couldn't keep it together. 

The whole time I could feel Liam's fingers tangled in my up until the point the doctor had to practically pry his hand from mine. Before he went he did let me know something.

"Gotta go through the storm before you get to the calm weather but when you do come out of that tropical     thunder I'll be waiting with a huge umbrella" He whispered in my ear and If I could smile I would. Maybe then everyone would stop freaking out, that if they saw a smile on my face they'd realize that just maybe I'd be alright.

|Liam|

I didn't want to let her go but I knew I had to. I probably looked crazy too hold on to her hand like a mad man with a bloody lip and seriously hurt jaw. When she disappeared behind those white doors something inside me sank to the pit of my stomach. Could have been my heart I don't know whatever it was knew that this was bad, worst then any other time she's ever been here. I spent literally two hours looking at the clock and then to those doors that consumed Chloe those hours before. Finally they opened and though it wasn't her it was someone who could tell me how she was. I got faster then her own family and the doctor looked me over and then at her father. He gave the doctor a small nod and he sighed.

"How is she? Is she okay?" I asked two questions at once fearing I wouldn't be able to ask them when her parents got talking to him.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news" He said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Dr. Collins just please let us know exactly what's wrong" Chloe's father asked.

"The cancer has spread rapidly and one her last visit that wasn't the case in fact everything had looked decent and seemed to be going in order we're trying to stop it where it is before it spades any further but there are no promises" He said and I looked at him.

"What does that mean?" I asked and took a deep breath.

"Well I won't say her days are numbered but I will say keep her comfortable we've got some new medicines for her to take and there are only a few this time around so she won't have so many to take like last time just be careful okay her body is weaker not, her hands will probably tremble more then ever, she'll most like have some trouble sleeping, and she'll have some days where she doesn't want to eat" Dr. Collins said and I nodded in understatement. 

"Can I go in and see her?" I asked and the Dr. nodded.

"Go ahead she isn't awake yet though room 409" he said and I didn't care. I went back to room 409 and stood in the doorway. I looked over her paler then before body and smiled. Even now she still looked more beautiful then ever. I worked up the courage to sit beside her and grab her hand and it felt a bit cold.

"I'm not sure if you can hear me Chloe but I honestly don't know what to do... I'm not fit to handle this and we both know I'm not if I knew that you wanted me to be left behind even after your gone I would have walked the other way when I met you" I told her and it even hurt me saying it.

"I'm not going anywhere though even if I am unfit to take care of you I'm going to try because you deserve to have something for once in your life that doesn't leave when it figures out that whatever you may have is short term or that this whatever this may be comes with a lot more then expected" I said and I felt her hands tighten around mine and my eyes flew up to her face. Her eyes were on mine and I could tell she was in pain and tired by the pinkish rings around her eyes and it stood out from the rest of her pale body.