Chapter Thirteen: No Place Like Home

(Liam's P.O.V)

"Hold on, to me as we go, As we roll down this unfamiliar road ,And although this wave is stringing us along, Just know you’re not alone ,Cause I’m going to make this place your home ,Settle down, it'll all be clear ,Don't pay no mind to the demons ,They fill you with fear ,The trouble it might drag you down ,If you get lost, you can always be found, Just know you're not alone,Cause I’m going to make this place your home." - Home

The song lyrics blared out the speakers and I turned to face a very pale but life like Chloe. She smiled as the sun reflected off of the lenses of her sunglasses and she leaned partially out of the car and moved her hand in a up and down snake like motion. The smile she held on her face was worth more than millions of dollars and shined brighter than two suns put together. It warmed my heart to see her happy even if she was hiding pain deep down inside. I didn't let it get to me though I continued to drive the convertible we rented for a few days to a local beach a few miles away. Chloe had only been out of the hospital for a few days but when I asked where she really wanted to go, if she could to any place, where would it be and she said a beach... One that wasn't the one she had previously passed out on I knew I had to comply and take her.

So that's where we were headed. Cape Town Beach. As we drove up on the sand Chloe smiled and nearly jumped out of the car.

"Come on! Hurry hurry!" She called after me as she pulled off her vans and began running further onto the actual beach.

"I'm coming I'm coming" I yelled back as I grabbed her bag and ran after her. I knew she would forget to grab it, the most important thing that she needed, and she would leave it in the car. I knew that she knew it was there and I knew that she really didn't want it. She didn't want to have to be taking medicine on a hot summer day when she should be enjoying herself not worry about her illness.

"Chlo slow down" I said smiling as she had already out run me to the water. I had dropped our things in a spot on the sand and the beach seemed to be vacant.

"Do you see why I like this place?" She asked when I finally caught up to her and I nodded.

"Yeah there's hardly anyone here... wait is this- is this the part where you kill me and since it's so vacant no one will hear my screams? Bloody hell I knew it" I said as she smacked my arm causing me so too chuckle.

"Oh right because I could totally take you!" She said laughing and hopping onto my back. I smiled and held on to her thighs and I could feel her chin rest on my right shoulder as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I walked with her like this down the beach as the sun shown down on us and I fixed my sunglasses. We went on in silence as the seagulls flew and croaked over us making our way closer into the water as we went.

"Why are your so quite?" She asked turning her rested head on my should to look at me. "I'm not that quite am I?" I asked.

"Well neither one of us is talking so what would you call it?" She asked smiling. "Don't be a wanker alright? Maybe I just like listening to the seagulls" I replied and she laughed.

"A wanker? and to hell with that, this coming from someone who can't sleep to the sound of rain" She jabbed and I chuckled. She was right it's not that i hated sounds it was apart of every day life it's just I preferred the quite much more.

"Yes a bloody wanker, a idiot, don't pretend you haven't googled up on British slang because I've seen your search history" I replied and she laughed even more.

"First off I hadn't made it that far in my search and secondly there's nothing wrong with googling!" she stated firmly sliding off my back and putting her hands on her hips with a childish smile.