Chapter Three: The Knowing

It was hot and the sun was just setting as we arrived on the buring sand of the beach. To me this was just another sunset on a beach that I had been to a millions times before but for Liam it was a sight not common for him.

"You know it's a bloody shame that I have been here for months and this is the first time being on the beach" He said smiling and plopping down in the sand.

"Are you serious?! You've never been to the beach before?" I asked not believing him at all.

"Yeah, I've walked passed it on my way to school and all but this is the first time I have set foot on sand" He replied looking over the water. Seagulls flew over the water some dropping down on the beach and others taking flight in the opposite direction.

"Wow I think your the only person I know who's never been to the beach" I told him and he chuckled.

"Well there's a first time for everything right?" He said and I looked at him. With a single thought I realized he was totally right and I practically jumped up from the ground and began unbuttoning my plaided butting shirt.

"Wh-what are you doing?" He asked looking up at me and I smiled and pulled my shirt off and began unbuttoning my pants.

"We're going in you can't come to the beach without having the full experience right? besides I've got nowhere to be right now do you?" I asked kicking off my Vans slip on's and tugging off my jeans.

"You are insane the sun is going down meaning the temperature is dropping that water is going to be freezing!" He replied chuckling but getting up. I smiled in approval as he yanked off his white T shirt and before he could even get his shorts off I took off running towards the water.

"Wait up!" He yelled and I looked back and laughed as he ran and pulled off his shorts at the same time. He by the time my feet had touched water he was just catching up and I let out a loud scream as my body came in contact with the already freezing cold water.

"Jesus Christ!" Liam yelled as he came up from under the water and he shook his head like a dog and wiped the excess water from his face.

"Come on it's not that cold ya wuss" I called out to him as I swam around him in circles.

"Are you in the same water as I am? because this water is bloody cold" He said smiling and I shrugged.

"At least now you can say you've lived the Cali experience at the beach" I told him floating around and he looked at me.

"At the beach? So there's more?" He asked and I laughed.

"Wow you don't get out much do you?" I asked and he pouted and shook his head only to laugh seconds later.

"I do but it's only to the book store, home, and to the market" He said in honesty.

"Well I guess that means I'm just gonna have to show you all the great things Santa Bay has to offer what do you day?" I asked him as we swam out of the water.

" I say that sounds like fun only though, If I can at least tell you about all the great things England has to offer I mean it's only fair right? plus we're few thousand miles away so it's not like I can show you" He said as we ran to our clothes and quickly got dressed before we froze.

"You're right that is only fair plus England has always been one of those places that i've wanted to travel to one day ya know? Maybe to Paris to the Effle Tower but it's another thing I'll never get to do" I said sitting down and laying back in the sand.

"What do you mean another thing you'll never get to do?" He asked laying down beside me and I watched as the sun had finally set but there was still a haze of red and orange left lingering over the ocean and I smiled faintly.