Chapter Nineteen: Things To Remember

We drove for three days across California going anywhere but where I came from. We stopped at tons of places, took pictures, walked on the beach, and cuddled in the back seat of the car. I was having more fun than I had ever had in my life. Today for some reason felt different thought, when we stopped at a burger place Liam seemed nervous and very jittery. I looked at him suspiciously as we got out of the car and he ran around to my side to help me. 

"What's going on with you? Why are you acting all weird?" I asked him holding on to his arm as we walked to the entrace.

"Wha-what are you talking about? I'm fine" He replied back pulling the door open and I smiled.

"You're a terrible liar Liam just tell me what it is" I told him as we slide into a small booth by the window and he laughed. " Nothing is going on" He replied smiling one of his legendary smiles and I shook my head. I figured I wouldn't try and squeeze whatever it was out of him because I knew I wouldn't win but I'd find out sooner or later.

Soon after we had gotten our menus it began to pour down raining and I pouted. I wanted nothing but sun and fresh air right now but who was I to go up against mother nature? I watched and listened as the rain pattered against the glass and the street lights glimmered in the each rain drop on the window. It was actually really beautiful to see but I knocked out of my thoughts by a waitress taking our order.

"Hi my names Caroline and I'm gonna be your waiter today, do you know what you wanna order?" She asked all cheery and I smiled at Liam not wanting to say anything and he chuckled getting my drift.

"Yeah uh, I'll take a coke and your Piggy Wiggy Burger special" Liam told her and I looked at him with raised eyebrows and he smiled putting his menu down.

"What? I'm starving" He told me and I shrugged. "Alright alright" I said putting my hands up and looking over the menu quickly.

"I'll just have a water and a turkey burger with a side of fries oh and a banana sundae" I told her putting down my menu as well and she smiled big and gave us a nod.

"Coming right up" She said as she walked away and disappeared behind the swing doors. My attention was back on Laim who had been digging around in his pockets for something that he couldn't seem to find and I giggled as he patted down his shirt and pants for it.

"Lose something?" I asked him leaning in over the table a bit and he shook his head no with a big smile on his face.

"Nope I've got it right here" He said opening his hand where a quarter sat in the middle of his palm. "And whats that for?" I asked him as I watched him get up and make his way over to the jukebox. He didn't even respond he just placed the quarter in its slot and picked a song. Once it started playing he made his way back over to me and put his out in front of him.

"May I have this dance?" He asked sweetly and I blushed uncontrollably. I had never been asked to dance before nor did I like dancing all that much but for him I would do anything. I placed my own hand in his as he pulled me up from my seat and into his arms. The song was old but somewhat slow and fast and i actually took a liking to it. We slow danced around the small burger joint laughing, and smiling like little children on a playground. I laughed as he twirled me and bent me back pulling me back up into his arms and looking down at me.

"So you know how you said I was acting a wee bit chrange?" He asked planting small kisses on my forehead as we conutiued to dance. "Yeah but you seem like your normal seld now" I replied laying my head against his chest and listening to his heart beat.

'Well this is the reason" He stated pulling down away from me and pulling something out his pocket. It was a small red box and he opened it as he got down on one knee and smiled up at me. My hands couldn't fly to my mouth any faster as I gasped smiling like an complete idiot.

"I know this may be crazy to do but I know I'm crazy over you and I want to spend my life with you, I don't care how young we are age is nothing but a number but I want to wake up next to you everyday and be at all your doctors appointments and argue over what to have for dinner most nights" He spoke with such care and it didn't seem like he was as nervous as he had been before and it kind of helped me calm down. Sadly I couldn't answer him. My lips began to tremble and my smile slowly faded as I felt my legs go out from under me. Once I hit the ground I immediately saw Liam up over me holding my head up and I didn't even panic. Yeah I could still see the fear in his eyes as he yelled for help but I had feeling he knew I'd be alright. Our waiter had called 911 as fast as she could and luckily for us the San Jose Hospital wasn't far away.

I guess I had passed out for a while for whatever reason on the ride to the hospital because when I woke up I was attached to a bunch of chords and my parents were standing in the hall speaking with a doctor. My eyes were barely opened but I spotted Liam sitting in the corner of the room twirling the small red box in his hands. His face was blank and couldn't really ready his expression making me really nervous. When he noticed I was away he moved to the chair right beside my bed and scooted in closer.

"Hey beautiful" He whispered as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I smiled as best I could but I knew it probably looked terrible. I looked terrible in general  I was sure of it there was nothing beautiful about it.

"The ri-ring... wheres the ring?" I barely was able to speak it all cam out stuttered and low but he still understood me. "Right here why?" He asked frowning and showing me the box.

"Yes" I told him quietly and he looked at me. "What?" He said not sure if he heard me correctly.

"Yes, Y-yes I will marry you" I replied and he smiled slightly taking the ring from its place in the box and sliding it on to my finger.

A perfect fit.