Chapter Five: Three Weeks and Counting

(Still In Liam's Perspective)

I spent three weeks searching for a girl I barely even knew. Three long weeks of sleepless nights, lonely walks on the beach, and cool nights on the roof top of England. I had given up on finding her because something in me told me to just let go. Maybe it was god or someone trying to give me a sign that when I did try and forget about her that she'd pop up and that's exactly what happened.

I walked out of the only book store I knew in this city and began making my way twoards a cafe a few buildings down. It was colder then it usualy was today so I geld my books to my chest as I ran inside the cafe for warmth and waited in line.

"I'll have a hot chocolate and so will he" A voice spoke and I as soon as I heard it I snapped my eyes froward and without hesitation I spoke her name.

"Chloe" I said and it didn't come out the way I thought it would have. I made her name sound as if it were something special and not just an ordinary name but no matter the way I said it she spun around and her face showed of a expression I could read.

"Liam? I- I um" She started and the guy that was with her looked me over and coughed.

"Who are you?" He asked me in brooding tone and I didn't take my eyes from hers.

"I'm uh, i'm Liam a friend of Chloe's" I replied and he snorted.

"Chloe has friends?" He asked making himself laugh and he lightly hit the gut. He stood as tall as me only he had hard hair and looked way scarier then I.

"Shut up Chase" Chloe finally said and I stepped out of the line and so did she.

"Where have you been?" I asked her and she smiled faintly.

"Around" was all she said but you could hear the hurt in voice. I'm not sure what it was from but there was something wrong.

"Whatever it is you can tell me... Is it this guy? Is he your boyfriend or something?" I asked not knowing really what to say.

"Oh god no he's my brother" She replied back covering her face with her hands and then running them through her hair. She looked different and at first it wasn't noticeable but then when I got a real good look at her I saw it. Before I could ask her anything else her brother told her that he was ready to go and she nodded and walked around me.

"Chloe I've spent these last three weeks looking for you and I finally find you and you just walk out on me with no explnation on where you've been or why you left" I yelled after as she walked out the door. Everyone in the cafe watched as she stopped in the front of the store, stopped dead in her tracks, and wipe her face. I couldn't move and I didn't know why but I felt like I had something wrong. I wanted to say more but I couldn't and I didn't need to because Chloe turned around and came back inside. 

"I told you we couldn't be friends we had our fun but that was all it was Liam... It was only fun" She said and I could see the tears fill in her eyes and I shook my head because even I knew she was lying not to  my but to herself.

"Don't give me that bullshit Chloe" I replied not even thinking and she looked at me stunned.

"I know and you know that there's something between us neither of us can just walk away and hide from yeah we met and spent 8 in a half hours together but in those few hours i had more fun and felt better than I ever have since I got here" I told her and she wiped her eyes again and a banging on the window made us look to it. Her brother was tapping his watch and she looked back at me.

"You don't want me okay Liam trust me you don't want someone like me" She said and she ran out only this time I had the stregnth to follow.

"Why?! Why do you just assume that I don't want you? You make it seem as if your a disgusting person or something" I yelled after her because she had been half way down the sidewalk. She stopped and turned to me and began sobbing. I didn't know why but I slowly made my way closer to her until there was about six feet in the middle of us.

"because I am disgusting! don't you see it?! I have Leukemia Liam why would you want someone with a disease like that hun?" She yelled and for a moments I didn't know what to say. My breath was stuck in my throat and when I did breathe my breath showed in the cold like smoke.

"W-Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked her moving in closer and pulling her into a hug but she fought against me. She pushed, shoved, and punched my chest but I held her anyway.

" Because it's not something I want people to know! you can't want me Liam not like this" She choked out. I leaned my chin on her head and I waved her brother on. He raised his arms and rolled his but got the message and continued on.

"I can and I do your not broken Chloe and although I don't know much about Leukemia I know that it probably feels like shit to wake up everyday and know that it's not going anywhere but out of the short amount of time that I've known you I can tell your a fighter and if you'd let me I'll fight with you" I whispered and sniffled and wiped her eyes yet again.

"You don't understand Liam after a while you'll get tired of it and you won't be able to handle it"  She said and I let her go.

"You can stop trying to scare me away because I'm not going to I let you slip away from me once I'm not gonna let it happen again okay? whatever this is whatever we are whatever we want it to be I'll be here stop trying to be so bad ass and let someone in" I said looking her in the eye so she understood how serious I was.

"First off I am badass with or without this sickness and secondly your not going to go away are you?" She asked me pulling away from and wiping the last bit of tears from here cheeks and I chuckled.

"Nope but if you must know you'll only be alone when using the bathroom and as creepy as it sounds that doesn't mean I'll be with you every waking moment unless you want me to be" I told her and she laughed. 

"God what am I getting myself into?" She asked herself and I grabbed hold of her hand began to walk.

"Something worth being in I promise you that" I told her even though she wasn't looking for an answer back.

She was right my feelings and thoughts over what she had told me we're all over the place but I did want to be there for her.